Samsung **HU7500 owners thread

Thanks :) Placed my order today but have to wait until April 27th for installation....

Don't forget if your a loyal long time customer to get your £99.00 refunded back for the main SkyQ box :smashin:

Thanks :) Placed my order today but have to wait until April 27th for installation....

Will I need a SEK-3500 for 4k when it comes?

dont worry, by the time they start showing any great volume of stuff worth watching on 4k you will long have upgraded the set - its likely be around time the next big thing is announced ;)

dont worry, by the time they start showing any great volume of stuff worth watching on 4k you will long have upgraded the set - its likely be around time the next big thing is announced ;)
Now I'm sure I heard a whisper about XtremeUHD ;)

Don't forget if your a loyal long time customer to get your £99.00 refunded back for the main SkyQ box :smashin:

How?? I am getting it for the 'lower' price because I subscribe to the movies and sports.

4K is coming this 'summer' to Sky - at least so I was told. 4K though wasn't my 'main' reason for upgrading - its the multi-room mini-box and ability to watch recordings on that mini-box, the extra storage and extra channels recording capability. I am fed up with being limited to 2 channel recording and having to watch 1 of those channels. The 4K - when it comes - will be a 'bonus'.

No, your tv can already handle 4K when it arrives:)

So what does the SEK-3500 actually do?

How?? I am getting it for the 'lower' price because I subscribe to the movies and sports.

Don't know what you paid including installation costs but loyal customers are getting it now for £49.00. This is for the Sky Q silver and additional mini skyQ box.

I paid £149. According to the info, I am paying £50 for Installation and £99 for smart features - SkyQ Silver. (This costs £249 if you don't have Sky Broadband, Movies or Sports). This is the prices quoted on the websites too so I don't know how some are paying less

For being a loyal customer........
Sky have waived the £99 smart feature costs. So total installation costs for SkyQ silver, HotSpot router and additional mini Q box is £49 :smashin:

For being a loyal customer........
Sky have waived the £99 smart feature costs. So total installation costs for SkyQ silver, HotSpot router and additional mini Q box is £49 :smashin:

Well they didn't offer that to me! Its not on their website either and until you mentioned it, I haven't heard anyone else getting this deal - Maybe I should have threatened to leave Sky in order to get SkyQ cheaper...

From my perspective though £149 isn't 'unreasonable'. I won't need any 'sky-protect' type insurance and the 'extra' I pay per month is cheaper than adding SkyGo and multi-room to my current package as well as the benefits the new equipment has. Obviously I would prefer not to pay the extra £100 - although I already have - but its not 'unreasonable' from my PoV

Well they didn't offer that to me! Its not on their website either and until you mentioned it, I haven't heard anyone else getting this deal - Maybe I should have threatened to leave Sky in order to get SkyQ cheaper...

From my perspective though £149 isn't 'unreasonable'. I won't need any 'sky-protect' type insurance and the 'extra' I pay per month is cheaper than adding SkyGo and multi-room to my current package as well as the benefits the new equipment has. Obviously I would prefer not to pay the extra £100 - although I already have - but its not 'unreasonable' from my PoV
As you have Sky broadband i would suggest looking on the Sky forums as its all about it on there, If you check sky forums you also get other deals.
If your happy paying £99 more than other customers then thats up to you. But i personally wouldn't walk up to a drain an put £99 down it and not bat an eyelid !! I to paid out first and found out later and after going online with Sky Chat got my £99 refunded.

As you have Sky broadband i would suggest looking on the Sky forums as its all about it on there, If you check sky forums you also get other deals.
If your happy paying £99 more than other customers then thats up to you. But i personally wouldn't walk up to a drain an put £99 down it and not bat an eyelid !! I to paid out first and found out later and after going online with Sky Chat got my £99 refunded.

Its not that I am happy to lose £100 and if I can get my money back 'somehow' then I will try. I am certainly going to try but if not, its not an 'unreasonable' amount to pay for the set-up. Hopefully I can get the refund - certainly going to look in to it.

Thanks

EDIT: It looks like its only for Sky customers who have been with Sky for 10yrs+. Because Sky was in my ex-wifes name - even though I paid the bill - until 3yrs ago, I don't qualify!

Does anyone know whether the Smart Remote is able to control SkyQ like it can with Sky+HD boxes?

I am hoping that the new SkyQ remotes will operate my TV in the same way my Sky+HD controller does. I only use my TV as a 'monitor' so only need to turn it on/off and adjust the volume. Occasionally I need to swap sources between Sky and Consoles although this often changes automatically. I haven't used my 'smart remote' since I got my TV.

We use our Smart Remote for everything - even controlling our soundbar via HDMI(ARC) control. We have one small remote sitting on our coffee table to control the TV, Sky, soundbar and Blu-ray rather than a whole clutch of them ...brilliant!

Hi folks,
I know Amazon prime on this TV has had its issues, but I can't seem to get mine to work at all!
It will load the app but anything I try to play it says either unavailable or low bandwidth.
However, on my Xbox one everything plays fine, which seems very strange.
I've tried resetting the smart hub, but I couldn't get it to manually update the firmware on my TV via USB with the latest version on the Samsung website. I'm currently on software 1060.
Any ideas would be much appreciated, really want to watch Bosch in 4k!

Just got the SEK-3500U here in Sweden, hooked it up and now my HDR demo-clips are playing fine, they were all screwed up before. Looks amazing!

Hi bojtel!
Where did you get it from in sweden and what's the model number that you bought?
Thanks

Has anyone got any experience of this set with the on board freesat tuner? Specifically I'm looking to find out if it's a single or twin tuner... Ideally we may move to this to see if it cures our pixellation breakup described a few pages back, or would a separate box be better (the Humax 1100S)?

Just got the SEK-3500U here in Sweden, hooked it up and now my HDR demo-clips are playing fine, they were all screwed up before. Looks amazing!

Where did you get HDR clips from?

also having picture break up when watching freeview hd, 1080p seems mostly ok but 1080i suffers a great deal. should i do a factory reset?

I`m having the same problem but freesat HD seems ok. I think if you do a factory re-set you would lose all your picture settings

I tried a factory reset last weekend, and it made no difference. The issue definitely is something to do with HD channels via the tuner - all other sources are fine on our set. Hence my thoughts for Freesat - is the built in tuner for this a twin?

Besides Freesat, the other option would be to see if the SEK-3500 improves matter via its tuner - I have this on backorder at the moment...

I'm having the same problem as Rob F1UK, grimswade and geobrad. I also tried a factory reset and confirm that this didn't help.

In my view the problem only started happening after I upgraded to firmware 1060. I am hopeful that the next firmware will sort out the issue but it may not be for some time :-(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom