• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung **HU7500 owners thread

privatesam

Standard Member
Note to mods: I'm not sure I'm allowed to simply make a thread for this tv but after thorough searching I couldn't find one so I went for it! - let me know if I need to change anything.

I got my brand new 55HU7500 yesterday! Enjoying it well so far but I exchanged it for last year's 55F9000 which I loved but was damned if I was going to fork out for a new OneConnect box just to actually get some 4k content, so many of my observations and experiences are based in comparison to the F9000.

Very early initial impressions - from one evening using the TV:
Firstly I miss the OneConnect box - it was so handy having all the connectors in one place hidden away. Still despite the HU7500 having the processor and connectors on the back it still seems thinner and lighter, with a much thinner bezel. I've yet to mess with picture settings but the quad core chip makes the Smart Hub feel snappier and apps seem to open quicker. Annoyingly the VESA holes on the back are higher up the TV meaning my current mount makes the TV hang too low - which is likely going to mean I have to put more holes in the wall. Also note that it doesn't ship with the BBC iPlayer app weirdly - although apparently this will be sorted really soon. IN FACT - just found a firmware file on the Samsung support page for this TV posted on April 28th so maybe this will sort that - will install tonight and feedback. Also all 2013 Samsung TV's IR blaster were able to control my Apple TV - couldn't get this to work last night, again hopefully this is simply a firmware update but any thoughts on this would be great - its annoying to lose simple functionality on a newer set. Ok will report back after tonight's update.

privatesam

Standard Member
So a week with the TV and I have a good feel for the set now. First off the minor issue with the IR blaster not working with my Apple TV seems to have been resolved with the most recent software update. The bezel is definitely thinner and the whole set feels lighter and more sleek. The back feels plasticky though and lacking the same premium heft of the F9000 but this is minor - once the TV is on the wall its beautiful.

I'm still trying to sort out the best way to mount it - note this the Samsung Wall mount 3000 kit is definitely not compatible - there are no correctly lengthed M8 screws in the pack that work with the set. This is really annoying thats its so hard to find official, compatible wall mounts nor do Samsung provide any information about the length of M8 screw which would be appropriate to use. I'm thinking of just buying something like this off amazon and hoping it has the right parts for this TV: IBRA® Ultra Slim Wall Mount Bracket System for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics Also in terms of mounting its worth noting that the connectors on the back don't all feed out to the side but some, including the network cable, IR cable and HDMI ARC all go directly out the back which means if you want a tight finish to the wall you'll need stuff like this: 90 degree right angle hdmi adapter female to male, 90 degree hdmi bend -pjp electronics®: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I'm not really a pro when it comes to picture quality and I've mainly been watching Netflix but the picture looks great - needed to turn off Motion Plus to stop the Soap Opera effect but other than that it looks great.

Last edited:

bropa09

Established Member
I've got the 65" version on order to be delivered next Friday. I saw it side by side with a HU8500 in Currys and both looked good but the flat screen will fit better in the custom cabinet that is being built for it (and other stuff) as we speak. Another forum poster mentioned that the HU7500 doesn't have the Cinema Black option (and it seems it is not present on the US HU8550 equivalent) so I guess that's one of the differences between the 7500 and 8500. Hopefully film viewing won't be affected negatively too much by its omission.

privatesam

Standard Member
Yeah I chose mine for the flat screen. I don't want to get into an old school flame war about curved vs flat but I have never felt the urge for a curved screen and I personally don't think they look as good when wall mounted. In terms of cinema black it is missing but so far I think the picture is fantastic.

privatesam

Standard Member
Still couldn't get any iPlayer using the red button, quite frustrated there is still no iPlayer available as an app on the TV. There's literally all the other apps and many more from the 2013 Smart Hub, why is the iPlayer one taking so long!

ed2093

Novice Member
It works fine on mine, just put it on now to test, put tv on bbc 1, press red button, then the normal bbd text menu comes up on right hand side of screen, inlayer option is 2/3 of the way down screen.

I have a question, how do you download 4k clips from youtube and play them on the TV?

last night i downloaded a couple of 4k clips using 4kdownloader onto a 32gb memory stick, i put the stick in the tv to play them however the stick appeared to be empty. These were mp4 clips downloaded using a macbook pro.

I am a bit of a tech numpty so help would be appreciated.

neil_gilroy

Established Member
It works fine on mine, just put it on now to test, put tv on bbc 1, press red button, then the normal bbd text menu comes up on right hand side of screen, inlayer option is 2/3 of the way down screen.

I have a question, how do you download 4k clips from youtube and play them on the TV?

last night i downloaded a couple of 4k clips using 4kdownloader onto a 32gb memory stick, i put the stick in the tv to play them however the stick appeared to be empty. These were mp4 clips downloaded using a macbook pro.

I am a bit of a tech numpty so help would be appreciated.

Its possible your memory stick is formatted for OSX. You should make sure its FAT formatted. On a Mac I believe you can right click the drive and say "Get Info". It should list the drive "Format" as "MS DOS FAT" or similar. If it mentions Mac then it won't work.

ed2093

Novice Member
Its possible your memory stick is formatted for OSX. You should make sure its FAT formatted. On a Mac I believe you can right click the drive and say "Get Info". It should list the drive "Format" as "MS DOS FAT" or similar. If it mentions Mac then it won't work.

Cheers i have done that and downloaded this video in 4k resolution MP4 format.

When i try and play it the tv says resolution not supported???? how do i get round that?

brownjamesa

Standard Member
Good review here, which made me push the button: Samsung UE55HU7500 (HU7500) Review
I have just ordered the 55" version of this TV which will be delivered tomorrow :clap:

Looking forward to contributing to this thread :)

BingoBongo275

Established Member
Good review here, which made me push the button: Samsung UE55HU7500 (HU7500) Review
I have just ordered the 55" version of this TV which will be delivered tomorrow :clap:

Looking forward to contributing to this thread :)

Yes, that is a very very good review and makes the 7500 extremely tempting!

sihawkings

Standard Member
Hi there! I have just received my 55HU7500 here in the UK. Great set!! But I am having problems with The Netflix app. It just refuses to connect. Netowrk connection to the internet is fine and I can log into Netflix from the webbrowser app, but the Netflix app itself always fails. I've tried changing DNS etc, but it doesn't solve the problem. I am on the latest smart hub version: 6.124.

Any ideas?

brownjamesa

Standard Member
Hi there! I have just received my 55HU7500 here in the UK. Great set!! But I am having problems with The Netflix app. It just refuses to connect. Netowrk connection to the internet is fine and I can log into Netflix from the webbrowser app, but the Netflix app itself always fails. I've tried changing DNS etc, but it doesn't solve the problem. I am on the latest smart hub version: 6.124.

Any ideas?

I also received my set yesterday, it sounds stupid but did you check that you were not putting in your password in CAPS?

That's what I did on my first attempt.

brownjamesa

Standard Member
Really loving the TV, the picture quality is excellent and House of Cards on Netlfix looks amazing.

It's looks so sharp that I am not used to it, it's quite strange :)

For anyone else that is fitting their TV to a wall mount/stand, you will need some M8-25mm screws.

One issue I did have was that the ARC hdmi port is on the back and when attached to my stand, my Hdmi cable is bent a bit, but it works fine.

Like other people, I have found that BBC iPlayer is not available to download yet, but will keep checking for updates.

As for other sources for native 4k content, how are other people sourcing them?

privatesam

Standard Member
Have you done a software update on the set yet?

CySamsung

Novice Member
Is anyone getting any sort of vertical banding when watching football during panning scenes? I get 4-5 very faint lines about 2-3 cm wide. Contacted Samsung and i am waiting to see what they will do. I hope they don't want to take it and try to fix it!!

brownjamesa

Standard Member
Is anyone getting any sort of vertical banding when watching football during panning scenes? I get 4-5 very faint lines about 2-3 cm wide. Contacted Samsung and i am waiting to see what they will do. I hope they don't want to take it and try to fix it!!

No, checked this morning, not really into football but waited to to see some highlights on news to confirm

Cnaiur

Novice Member
Ordered the 55HU7500 today, for €1500 after cashback from Samsung. Almost bought the 730v from LG for roughly the same price, so glad I decided to wait for another day and stumble upon this offer..

I'm coming from an ancient Panasonic 42pv70 plasma, so I'm really curious to see the difference in image quality. Haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep my HTPC or that I'm switching to Samsung's Smart Hub (Plex) in combination with a NAS.

Kujo

Standard Member
Ordered the 55HU7500 today, for €1500 after cashback from Samsung. Almost bought the 730v from LG for roughly the same price, so glad I decided to wait for another day and stumble upon this offer..

I'm coming from an ancient Panasonic 42pv70 plasma, so I'm really curious to see the difference in image quality. Haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep my HTPC or that I'm switching to Samsung's Smart Hub (Plex) in combination with a NAS.

Where did you get that offer? Also looking at ordering this TV. I'm planning on setting up a NAS to use with this TV and my various other devices.

brownjamesa

Standard Member

I can recommend the plex app, it's really good it's even passes DTS audio to my avr via the arc hdmi port.

Cnaiur

Novice Member
Kujo: from a Dutch retailer. The 'lowest' pricing I could find for the TV was around €2200, but this shop probably wants to get some traffic in and is now selling the Samsung for €2050. And Samsung's cashback incentive is valid until the end of June I believe, so you're getting another €500 back from our Korean friends.

brownjamesa: thanks, good to know. I've used Plex in the past on a Mac Mini, but I really prefer to use it directly from my TV so I don't have to switch channels all the time (first world problems, I know).

Would a setup work where I connect my NAS/HTPC with Plex Media Server to my TV via HDMI and connect my Soundbar to my TV separately via the ARC HDMI connection? I no longer have a AVR, but that shouldn't be a problem with a Soundbar I believe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom