Samsung HU7500 4K Ultra HD TV Review

mbmapit

Hi Mark, thanks for the great review. Could you explain 1 thing please... Why would you need a One Connect box with this TV? Surely this has 4K (HDMI 2) compatible ports etc.?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Nice review Mark, how was greyscale in 3D ?. Were there any signs of Banding or DSE with 2D panning shots ?.

Cheers,
M.

Mr-Bananas

Sounds great, although the review sample is probably a perfect hand picked example direct from Samsung.

No doubt when its gets in the wild, there will be the usual problems with screen uniformity, DSE etc.

Last edited:

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Hi Mark, thanks for the great review. Could you explain 1 thing please... Why would you need a One Connect box with this TV? Surely this has 4K (HDMI 2) compatible ports etc.?

As I said in the review, it's not something owners of HU7500 are going to need in the short term but as the standards evolve, the chances are they may need a later iteration of OC to keep up.

Nice review Mark, how was greyscale in 3D ?. Were there any signs of Banding or DSE with 2D panning shots ?.

Cheers,
M.

Greyscale appeared good in default 3D Movie mode Martin. It's not something we measure in the reviews because of the marginal interest (sorry:p) in the format but I was impressed with the 3D anyhow.

This panel was a banding/DSE free zone and you know how much I hate those kind of flaws!

Smith2004

Thank you for the review Mark. What did you think of the viewing angle? Did the blacks/contrast drain much when viewed off-centre?

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Not too bad at all. I'd say you'd be OK anything up to 40deg-ish off-axis from the centre of the screen.

Squigg

Any chance you'll be reviewing he 65" version? I was hoping to do a direct comparison between the 65" versions of the HU7500 & HU8500 using AV Forums reviews.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
We can't promise but you can be sure if it's offered to us by Samsung, we'll be fighting over that one :)

panman40

Distinguished Member
That's good news then Mark, shame you no longer measure/ calibrate 3D in the reveiws though, same as another forum. Probably 70% of the aquaintences I have on Avf do express an interest in 3D, the way I see it is 'keep saying no one is interested and for sure you will find no one is interested'. Just my opinion of course Mark :p.
I can't say I'm happy about the many rubbish conversions that are cropping up wholesale and probably one of the reasons why some have no interest, take I robot for instance, if that was the sum of all 3D I myself would be out!.

Good to know some of these sets are DSE free now, I almost bought last years 60" F7000 but ended up with a W9 Sony.

Looking forward to the Toshiba L9400 review at some point :)

Loopthrough

I still fail to see the point in purchasing a 4K display when there's such a lack of source material. Streaming is not the answer and no good for movie buffs like me who collect!

gkatz

quick Q about one connect.
can I buy one with it now? (i need it for cosmetics purposes only)...
is it available for this model (even if just duplicate whats already on the back...)

hodg100

Distinguished Member
That's good news then Mark, shame you no longer measure/ calibrate 3D in the reveiws though, same as another forum. Probably 70% of the aquaintences I have on Avf do express an interest in 3D, the way I see it is 'keep saying no one is interested and for sure you will find no one is interested'. Just my opinion of course Mark :p.
I can't say I'm happy about the many rubbish conversions that are cropping up wholesale and probably one of the reasons why some have no interest, take I robot for instance, if that was the sum of all 3D I myself would be out!.

We never have Martin and if I remember rightly the 'other forum':eek: have stopped but I could be wrong on that.

The move away from 3D is consumer/manufacturer, not media, led, imho but I take your point.

Yep, looking forward to the new Toshiba's!

panman40

Distinguished Member
Ahh must have been tother forum then Mark!, to many forums to many threads to much wine lol.
Well maybe your right but whatever the reasons it stinks IMO, good 3D displayed on a calibrated TV with comfortable glasses and I don't see what's not to like ??, unless you have a glass eye I suppose lol.
Anyhoo I'm off topic as usual :).

davidcrofter

Great review Mark - impressive uniformity from this particular sample which will hopefully be carried into some real world findings.

Looking back at reviews (from July-August last year) the 7 series 1080p Samsung UE55F7000 was selling for round about £2,000 at that time so you are paying roughly the same for this new 4K version.

So it seems that Samsung have very quickly managed to squeeze 4K resolution into their lineup for no extra cost - so not much reason not to pick up a 4K tv at this point even with the lack of content. Having said that if you have a quality 1080p TV I don't see any reason to upgrade at this particular point either.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Great review Mark - impressive uniformity from this particular sample which will hopefully be carried into some real world findings.

Looking back at reviews (from July-August last year) the 7 series 1080p Samsung UE55F7000 was selling for round about £2,000 at that time so you are paying roughly the same for this new 4K version.

So it seems that Samsung have very quickly managed to squeeze 4K resolution into their lineup for no extra cost - so not much reason not to pick up a 4K tv at this point even with the lack of content. Having said that if you have a quality 1080p TV I don't see any reason to upgrade at this particular point either.

I am in 100% agreement with this post.

EDIT: Bar House of Cards and Breaking Bad (soon) :)

antsims

Distinguished Member
Hi Mark

Great review. Any chance of a review of the 55" LG 55UB850V?

panman40

Distinguished Member
I am in 100% agreement with this post.

EDIT: Bar House of Cards and Breaking Bad (soon) :)

House of cards and breaking bad ..... Must be getting old lol.

Makemebad1978

I've been waiting for this review for a while before i buy into 4k, now i've read it i will be buying it within the next few weeks. My 7 year old samsung lcd has internal dust that has statically stuck itself to some areas inside of the screen making viewing extremely annoying so it is definitely upgrade time. I'm a lover of 3D (when done well) so i hope they continue to produce 3D films. The curved screen for me is a fad that will fade away, i see no point in a curve unless you have 100"+

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom