Samsung HU7200 & HU7100 curved UHD TV

monkeyWRENCH

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone brave enough to buy one of these sets despite the lack of reviews online? If so, what do you think?

I just saw the 65HU7100 in Costco at a very attractive price of £2160 (inc VAT) which prompted me to do some research. In terms for spec, the 7200 and 7100 are identical - the design is the only difference.

The 7200 and 7100 share most of the features of the 7500 including a quad core processor, HDMI 2.0, HEVC codec and UHD dimming but lack 3D support.

I'm seriously tempted by the 65HU7100...

Last edited:
ive seen them about as ive been considering the 7200 but i think im gonna stay away from the curve, theres also a 8200

Saw the 65HU7100 in Costco as well, looked a very nice set although its difficult to tell real life picture quality with the warehouse lighting. The 7200 sets are starting to appear online on Richer Sounds, John Lewis, Currys, etc, the 65" appears to be selling for £2699 so a good saving at Costco. There is also a free multi-room speaker system on offer from Samsung at the moment (Samsungs version of Sonos).

Is it just 3D that's missing? i could live without that. That Costo price is very tempting. Can't find a review of this TV anywhere yet.

Is it just 3D that's missing? i could live without that. That Costo price is very tempting. Can't find a review of this TV anywhere yet.

As far as im aware its missing 3d and its curved but that's all the info I can find on it but surely 3d doesnt add £400 onto the price of a tv ?

As far as im aware its missing 3d and its curved but that's all the info I can find on it but surely 3d doesnt add £400 onto the price of a tv ?

Must be more differences surely, seems to have all the main stuff though. Not really that bothered about curved though and the HU6900 has too many features missing for me.

Hopefully be some reviews out soon, if this is as good as the HU7500 then i'll put up with the curve.

Thanx seems interesting ive been looking at the 55hu7500 and the sony 8505 but i think the 7200 might be tempting as well

If you're looking at the 7200, why not go for the 7100 instead? It's a few hundred pounds cheaper. Costco also has the 55inch model and from memory, I think it's about £1400.

If you're looking at the 7200, why not go for the 7100 instead? It's a few hundred pounds cheaper. Costco also has the 55inch model and from memory, I think it's about £1400.

Whats different about that model ?

7100 is below

20009-4.jpg

7200 looks like this

Samsung-HU7200.jpg

You can with the HU8500 so AFAIK yes you can.

7100 has VESA mounting on the back, I had a quick peek in Costco as I would be wall mounting too.

So.... If this is the curved hu7500 with same specs (without 3d). Can we expect a flat 8500 too, with same specs and outside connection box, and no fan?

Or will they refuse to give the flat lovers the same high end TV as the curved lads?

So.... If this is the curved hu7500 with same specs (without 3d). Can we expect a flat 8500 too, with same specs and outside connection box, and no fan?

Or will they refuse to give the flat lovers the same high end TV as the curved lads?

Probably not just like Sony with the 9005 not releasing one for people who already have a high end sound system and dont need those huge speakers on the side.

I have just been in Costco and the 55 inch version was £1320 (roughly ), it was next to the 55 Panasonic AS 600 and a Sony 55 1080 wedge shaped TV. They all had the same feed, the Samsung picture and processing looked really good (I assume trying to upscale to 4k), the Panasonic was washed out and got worse as the viewing angle changed, the Sony had the most pleasing reds (Samsung was orange'ish) but it's whites seemed to have a tint of pink. The Samsung looked really nice and had great viewing angles I just wonder if there are any other compromises over the 3d version. The only other thing I noticed was that on darker screens the Samsung seemed to have a slightly lighter line going up the screen close to the edges on the left and right.

You can do a full comparison against the hu8500 on the Samsung website now. Differences seem to be motion rate of 800 vs 1200, no 3d or built in camera, no quad core plus processor just normal quad core. Couple of video modes look to be missing as well. Don't think I'd miss any of those hardware changes. Just waiting now for a review.

I purchased the 7200 from Costco this information is right on, except the keyboard. I have a Samsung wireless keyboard and it works great! Again the biggest difference is no 3D, but it's an awesome tv!

Did you purchase the 7200 or the 7100? Was it the 65inch?

Can you give us a quick review? Cheers.

Did you purchase the 7200 or the 7100? Was it the 65inch?

Can you give us a quick review? Cheers.
I have the 65" hu7200 as pictured. I must admit I purchased this thinking it was 3D coming from a Samsung flat screen 1080 hd which had 3D, because at the time there was no info about this tv. I even called samsung and they didn't even have it and with no info. And that was the only, I mean only, knock if any to me, no 3D, but the picture will blow you a way! I was at one point going to take it back and purchase the non 4k, but curved 1080 with 3D for $500 less but after looking at the quality of the picture, my wife was like no way let's stick with this 4k ultra, heck she said it's looks 3d anyways lol. ...so again that's the head scratcher, pay $500 more or not for pretty much the tv with 3D??? I give this TV 5 stars...

Last edited:
All, I purchased the Samsung UE55HU7100UXXU from Costco UK last week and it is an amazing TV. My only concern is that when you go to Samsung website they do not even list this model, even when registering the TV on there site, again only the 7200 model come up it seems like they have already discontinued this model in a months time since it was launched.

Also the another different from the 7100 to 7200 model is that it does not support the smartremote, as I purchased one from ebay but does not work with this model. Apart from that very happy with the TV , UHD 4K Curved for under £1400.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom