1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HTDM150 or Pioneer DCS303, where from?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by datsunman, Oct 26, 2003.

1. datsunman

datsunman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

After reading reports on here and various reviews I've decided to buy either of the above systems, problem is, I don't know anywhere that still sells them!

I've seen (on another thread) that 'bestpriceav' sell the Samsung but I'm a little wary of buying from a retailer that doesn't accept credit cards (according to their website) in case I lost the cash. (Has anyone bought from them or can vouch for them?)

Can anyone tell me of any places that still sell the above? (I'd prefer the Sammy but wouldn't be too disappointed with the Pioneer).

Thanks,
    dan

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    You could check out your local Currys, Comet and Dixons as they may have some old stock of the htdm150. It only needs a remote hack to make it multiregion so you don't need to get a premodded version to play region 1 dvds.

The DCS303 is still available from www.pantheronline.co.uk and I believe www.hyperfi.co.uk still have some.

3. datsunman

datsunman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Bonzo, looked for positive feedback about bestpriceav today and couldn't find any so am going to go with the 303 from Panther.

Cheers.

:)

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Very wise, I must admit I wouldn't consider an online supplier who doesn't take credit cards. Its just not worth the risk especially when the purchase is hundreds of pounds.