Samsung HT-Z310 Upscaling Problems

mooseman923

Standard Member
I just got a Samsung HT-Z310 today and am having problems setting up the upscaling. I am running it over hdmi to my tv but when i play a dvd, it plays in 720x480. It is a 1080i player. I looked all through the manual and the onscreen menus and could not find anything about setting the res for the upscaling. Does anyone know how to fix this so i could set it to the correct res?:lease:

kentish_lad

Novice Member
I just got a Samsung HT-Z310 today and am having problems setting up the upscaling. I am running it over hdmi to my tv but when i play a dvd, it plays in 720x480. It is a 1080i player. I looked all through the manual and the onscreen menus and could not find anything about setting the res for the upscaling. Does anyone know how to fix this so i could set it to the correct res?:lease:

It is scaling, your TV's own scaler is doing it automatically.

The TV takes any signal and upscales it so it displays correctly on your TV. You don't need anything else to upscale.

Forget all the marketing hype that you can upscale SD to 'near HD' it does not, well not from the cheapo scalers fitted to all-in-ones.

gwynwilliams

Standard Member
On the remote there's a button called 'SD/HD' at the bottom left (underneath 'Mode'). Keep your finger on this for 2-3 seconds and it will move to the next resolution. Keep repeating this until you get to the one you want - it goes 576p --> 720p --> 1080i --> 1080p.

S

sparkymark

you can only do this though when your not playing a dvd, make sure you have pressed stop on the dvd, the hold down the button to cycle through the different resolutions

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom