• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Samsung HT-X30: Can't set rear speaker delay less than 10ms

oceanclub

Standard Member
Have an old Samsung HT-X30 which still does me fine, so am just setting it up in our new place. Going through the audio options again, I notice that based on distance, the rear speaker delay should be about 7ms.

However, when I go into the option, the minimum I can set it to is 10ms - even though the manual states it can be set between 0 and 15ms.

vWHyP0S.png

Press the < arrow key won't set it any less than 10ms. Any ideas?

P.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You haven't actually stated if you have any lipsync issues, there's no need to set any delay if you don't.

oceanclub

Standard Member
You haven't actually stated if you have any lipsync issues, there's no need to set any delay if you don't.

Hi there,

Nothing to do with lipsync issues - that's actually another setting. This one is about making sure sounds from rear and front gets to me at same time. The way the speakers are positioned is that the rear ones are just behind our couch so much nearer our ears, hence the needs for a time delay there.

P.

oceanclub

Standard Member
Maybe a daft question but are you pressing "enter" first then R or L?

Yup. Just to be clear, Right (increasing the delay) works fine, and I can increase it from 10ms upwards. If I use Left, however, I can only then decrease it as far as 10ms, at which point it stops.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom