Samsung HT-X250R - Help needed

TheSlee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Heres the problem; I switch on the the main unit and after around 5 seconds a message appears saying "PROTECTION". Then the system shuts down. Ive looked through the manual but cant find anything to fix the problem.

The system worked well before but around an hour in the problem occured.

Help appreciated.

Protection could mean a short has been found on the speaker outputs?

Wires touching each other = Short Circuit.

So to rectify the problem I just need to seperate the cables connected to the system, or is it a technical problem?

One way to find the issue is to unplug all speakers, switch on the unit and if protection does not come up it is obvious that a speaker has a short on route.
You can then insert each speaker at a time to see which one is the culprit, but do switch off/on during each insertion.

One way to find the issue is to unplug all speakers, switch on the unit and if protection does not come up it is obvious that a speaker has a short on route.
You can then insert each speaker at a time to see which one is the culprit, but do switch off/on during each insertion.

It isnt any of the satalite speakers or the subwoofer. The system shuts down with the same message when nothing is connected

Well I suggest your next course of action is to go back the shop you purchased it from to sort out the next move.

Thanks for trying anyway, I'll phone up customer support before i take them back. Hopefully they'll have an answer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom