Samsung HT-WS1R Soundbar - no sound from TV?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Martin.D, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Martin.D

Martin.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi

Top of my head I don't have my TV model number but it's a 37" Samsung :smashin:

Yesterday I purchased a used Samsung HT-WS1R Sound-bar - unfortunately it came with no remote! I'm able to buy a remote from Ebay so I can pair the Wireless Sub-woofer but before I do I want to confirm the sound bar works because at present I've had no luck producing sounds..

I'm currently connected using the supplied Optical cable to the TV, I also have the following additional devices connected to the TV via HDMI:

Digital TV Box
    Xbox 360
    Blue Ray Player

Using the above bit's of equipment I have no sounds through the Sound-bar, only normal TV speakers..

is it possible someone can point me in the right direction?

Many thx

MD

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,437
    I have you tried the internal TV tuner? Does this give you sound? Not all TVs will pass sound from the HDMI inputs to its optical output. If your TV does not do this then this could be the reason for having no sound. Try connecting the source direct to the soundbar i.e. the bluray player via optical.