Samsung HT-TX35R

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Sq1rr3ll, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Sq1rr3ll

Sq1rr3ll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just thought I'd finally make a contribution as I'm at the point where I'm tired of waiting for "the next best thing". I have definately been one of those people patiently waiting for the perfect system that fits all my requirements (be it home cinema, tv, laptop etc etc) for the right price, from the right retailer....you all must know what I mean?

Well, it's finally sunk in that there is always something new around the corner - if you just wait a bit longer. It will always be that little bit better, with that extra feature for that little bit less money - unfortunately, that's technology today. It will always be like this.

The conclusion I came to was that, hey - I could die next week (the old cliche)...I might as well have had a bit more viewing pleasure from the time I've got left! Anyway, I digress....

I have just ordered the Samsung HT-TX35R 5.1 all in one system to accompany my chosen tv, the Samsung LE40M87BDX. Why did I choose this tv? I suppose that's for another thread in the appropriate place.

I chose the TX35R because:

A) It matches the tv perfectly - and is a good looking system in it's own right.
    B) The specifications seem excellent for the price (£220) see below...
    C) I called Samsung to confirm certain unclear details ie:
    It does have optical input and does upscale dvd - this had better be true!

I require the optical in for the XBOX360/Sky+ and hope that this system will enhance the sound from these to such a degree that I could't imagine how I ever lived without it!

So there you have it.

Of course, if anyone is interested, I will post a very unprofessional review as soon as I receive it.
    Which may or may not help anyone depending on their current "mindset"!!!

Sorry for the long post - hope I haven't put anyone off the HT-TQ35R through sheer boredom!

2. member

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Would be interestd in your review. Especially the upscaling query you had.

3. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi, don't mean to hijack your thread, but where did you find stock of the Samsung HT-TX35R please? I've been looking all over to no avail.

Cheers,

Shaun