samsung ht-tx35 home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by manutd, Feb 8, 2009.

1. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help please,my problem is i am switching my player on and its coming up protection then switching off,it as cheese me off because i have only used it about 5 times since new,can anyone me please.:lease:

2. kentish_lad

kentish_lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Its either a short circuit somewhere, check the speaker connections or you may have a ventilation problem, do you have it placed inside a cabinet?, also check the cooling fan is working or switch off at the mains wait a bit and turn back on, if all fails i suspect you have an internal short

3. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi kentish_lad,thanks for your reply,i have unconnected the speakers,still does it,fan does not come on,not in a cabinet,it powers up for about 4 sec then goes to standby,help.

4. kentish_lad

kentish_lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    The cooling fans the problem, if its still under warranty it needs to go back

5. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi kentish_lad,no it inst under warranty no more,i can get a fan from 4mysamsung for £20.97.thats if you think it is the fan i will get one,what is funny is amount of times i have used it,it is roughly is about 5 times,believe it all not, can it packup like that,

6. kentish_lad

kentish_lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  7. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi kentish_lad,i will order a new,so thanks for all your help much appciated thanks dean.

8. nobby1963

nobby1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    See my reply in the other `protection` thread - it is not always a fan fault.

9. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi nobby1963,you are right it is not the fan all the time,i just replaced mine today no go,i am taking it to a samsung service centre,so thanks for all your help.

10. nobby1963

nobby1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Good luck Manutd,
    You said earlier in the thread that your system is not under warranty any more, how old is it ? Dont forget that you still have rights as a consumer - if the system has not been mis-used or abused then it is reasonable for it not to develop a fault within a good few years ( 5 in law I think ). Samsung should treat your fault report with sympathy and repair it as it is a `known` fault.
    If they tell you otherwise or say you have to pay post back here as it should not be the case if you have used the system as normal.

11. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    nobby1963,the system is roughly 16 months old,like i said elrly i only used it 5 times if that,i have took it to a samsung service centre today,they have taken £10 off me for estimate for repair,wish i knew what you said earliar,thanks dean.

12. nobby1963

nobby1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Manutd,
    When you say a Samsung service centre, are you talking about an electrical dealer who repairs Samsung products or are you talking about a dealership that Samsung customer care have told you to take it to ?

I would call Samsung - dont have the number handy but its the number on the back of the user manual. They should be the first contact and let them know whats wrong - the protect message on the unit - normally they would come and collect in the first instance and take it to be diagnosed. In your case let them know who you have taken it to and hopefully they will deal with them direct ( especially if they are an approved repairer ). You may need to have proof of purchase but hopefully that will be ok?. Dont part with any more dosh !

If you cant find the telephone number come back here & let us know how you get on.

Just found the number - 0845 7267864

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  13. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi nobby1963,i have taken it to a service centre what is on there web site for my area,

i have telephone Samsung up,regarding rights as a consumer,do not want to know,told me to ring the company i brought it from samsung are saying the company i brought it from are responasble over consumer rights,it seems to me they are just trying to fob me of,thanks dean.

14. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    well they are right in a way, its the retailer who is responsible for it, as your contract of sale is with them.
    you dont have a "warranty" as such with samsung, its the retailer, and as its 16 months old, you would be relying on the sale of goods act to see you through, but i would say, not much chance,as a £100 surround systems life might be seen as this long, and not much more,whereas something like a £1000 tv,might be seen to last 5 years.
    you could try talking to the retailer/samsung about the fact this is a common issue, and as such you feel it should be repaired for free/reduction of fee, but i dont think youll get anywhere.

15. nobby1963

nobby1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Sorry Manutd been a bad day, .... OK yes Samsung are not covered by the SOG act - my fault ( they dealt with me direct when Beyond Television - an internet company to steer clear of btw - refused to deal with my system when it got the `protect` fault ). Who did you buy from ?

I dont agree with RottenFox with regard to the cost of the system and its reasonable life expectancy / SOG act relevance. There is no way a 16 month old system should be expected to be faulty - especially with a `known` fault.

I would contact the retailer, explain the fault, point out that on the Samsaung website in the `support links` FAQ`s there is a specific question about what to do if your system displays `protect` and it says to contact Samsungs technical support as your system may need to be returned for repair. Hopefully you may have a response from the repair centre that yoou have taken your system to by then and give a copy of it to the retailer. They are responsible but may, depending on who they are, be reluctant to accept this.

If you still have problems then I will point you in the direction of a Samsung department who may help. Also worst case scenario it would be dealing with Consumer Direct who can advise over the phone how to deal with a retailer who is reluctant to comply with their obligations e.g. putting things in writing to them etc.

Dont give up ! and dont part with any more money !

16. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    but thats the thing..its up to a court to decide(if it went that far),and in their view, a £100 surround system,might not be classed as the same as a £300 one,or more expensive kit,so 16 months against the cost,would be fair.
    that is how it works, and you only have to read the sale of goods act to see it.

17. manutd

manutd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi nobby1963,i brought it from the flat tv com,am going to wait to here from the samsung service centre,i will let you no the outcome.

18. janus909

janus909

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Nobby / Manutd, what was the result here?? what did the service centre do, mine has just packed in with the same problem, but i havent taken it to a service centre yet as they quoted me £35 to look at it.....pffft! I have opened it up, and got a room fan blowing on it full blast, that seem to be keeping it alive, so obv a heat problem, the little fan is working tho, so not quite sure what to do, guess ill keep it like this. Am keen to hear over charge from this service centre though??!!