• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

samsung ht-thx25 and ps3

B

bradyj

i have some connection issues.

I have a samsung R87 37inch HDTV

Samsung HT-THX25 all-in-one cinema system

PS3

PS3 connected to TV via HDMI - X25 connected to TV via HDMI.

There is no optical input connection on the X25 dvdplayer so unable to connect PS3 output to this.

I have read only solution is to connect RCA audio cables from TV to X25 to get 2-channel sound via TV. Is there an option to purchase an optical - coaxial converter and use this to obtain 5:1 surround sound for PS3?

Need some straight answers as am reading conflicting messages on here and would like to find the best solution without upgrading AIO.

HELP!!!

kentish_lad

i have some connection issues.

I have a samsung R87 37inch HDTV

Samsung HT-THX25 all-in-one cinema system

PS3

PS3 connected to TV via HDMI - X25 connected to TV via HDMI.

There is no optical input connection on the X25 dvdplayer so unable to connect PS3 output to this.

I have read only solution is to connect RCA audio cables from TV to X25 to get 2-channel sound via TV. Is there an option to purchase an optical - coaxial converter and use this to obtain 5:1 surround sound for PS3?

Need some straight answers as am reading conflicting messages on here and would like to find the best solution without upgrading AIO.

HELP!!!

Straight answer is no, the only way to get sound through x25 is via phonos, you cant use a convertor simply because x25 hasnt even got a coaxal input

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom