Samsung HT-F6500 noisy drive

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by scotty76, Jan 31, 2014.

1. scotty76

scotty76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got one of these however I'm noticing an issue. The drive is excessively noisy when playing my one and only Bluray DVD. This doesn't seem to affect ordinary DVDs. I wish I had another Bluray to try but sadly I don't have one. By "excessively noisy" I mean in scenes where there is dialogue only you can hear a loud whirring/buzzing. Oddly this seems to happen more on the early chapters of the disc.

How noisy should the drive be? Are Blurays discs more demanding hence more noise?

2. scotty76

scotty76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've returned it. I will see if the replacement is any better and if not will look for another system. Shame, I really like the sound from it.

3. scotty76

scotty76
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, so to conclude this. The replacement unit I received (also brand new) had the exact same fault. It is being returned for a full refund. Further investigation revealed the drive was causing the casing to vibrate like an angry wasp. This seemed to affect 3D Blurays in particular. e.g. Avatar 3D, The Hobbit 3D.

I even bought a pack of AcoustiFeet anti vibration feet to see if that would help but it didn't. I might have been unlucky but I didn't feel like trying 3rd time lucky!

I've replaced the system with a Panasonic SC-BTT400EBK which thankfully is quiet and was a full £200 cheaper.