• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung HT-C5530 network stream

nico66

Standard Member
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me! I have the Samsung HT-C5530 surround sound system and it has network media streaming so i can connect via my ethernet to my pc upstairs. I'm trying to access my files off my pc to the dvd player but so far all i'm able to see on the TV is the windows 7 shared folders i.e Music, Pictures, Videos, Playlists. I have tried right clicking the specific folder i want to share and choosing everyone to read it but it isn't picking up on my DVD player. Please help anyone? I don't really want to put all my music etc inside them Shared folders of windows 7 if possible!

next010

Distinguished Member
Install Serviio or Mezzmo on the PC instead then add the folders you want shared within those apps. WMP12 is not great as a DLNA server, the right click share in Win7 context menu is for homegroups not DLNA.

You can also use Plex on selected Samsung BD players though not all of them, Plex basically adds a fancier GUI.

bubblegum57

Prominent Member
Samsung, have Allshare, which I think allows you to share content on your pc. Not used it myself.

Check the apps, you might find it downloads Plex, (already been mentioned)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom