Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-Ray 5.1

thiggy

Standard Member
Hi all,

A bit of advice needed really, all weekend I have been searching and looking on the internet for a home theatre package with Blu Ray.

I'm looking at spending about up to £350 for a system, it would be connected to my LG 32" LCD TV, I have an xbox 360 and also SKY HD.

I watch a lot of music DVD's so ideally decent good speakers and obviously a good picture from the Blu Rays. I also have a lot of DVD's...

I'm asking for any advice on a decent enough system that would cover all the things I have said above, I really have no clue on what is out there and what I should be looking at.

The system below looked quite appealing to me, as I would prefer 'wireless' back speakers as I am not keen on the idea of a lot of leads everywhere (I realise I would have to for out £80/£90 to make them wireless).

Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-Ray 5.1 ch Home Theatre System: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

However as I said before there may even be better out there, yet I am completely useless with technologies like the said, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA

thiggy

Standard Member
Oh also, I forgot to mention, I wouldn't mind the feature of having iplayer and also lovefilm.

So I guess that restricts me to Sony and Samsung players?

I would be willing to sacrifice this if an alternative brand had an all round super system, however would ideally like to have those.

mentm

Is your xbox a hdmi equiped model? If not you are only going to have one optical input to get 5.1 from sky and the xbox.

Not aware of anything else for your budget and criteria.

thiggy

Standard Member
Is your xbox a hdmi equiped model? If not you are only going to have one optical input to get 5.1 from sky and the xbox.

Not aware of anything else for your budget and criteria.

I bought my xbox around a month ago (it's the slim black model).

I had my old one for four years previous to that... however RROD ended that one...

mentm

Fine so you can connect the xbox by hdmi for 5.1, sky needs to be connected by optical to get 5.1

thiggy

Standard Member
Perfect, looking through some of the reviews on Amazon it seems it is easy to set up.

Think I should go for that one then?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom