Samsung HT-AS710 help

jotty

Established Member
Reaction score
I have done a search of forums and got bits of my answer but am looking for someone who has actually solved the problem.

I have SKY Hd connected via HDMI lead to my Samsung HT-AS710 amp, as Sky doesn't output DD via the Hdmi Lead I have also connected the box via optical lead to get full DD sound. However the Samsung box wont allow you to use both sound and picture from seperate sources ie HDMI picture and Optical sound at the same time.

I have spent hours checking and rechecking options etc but still get either a picture and Pro logic sound or no picture and the full DD sound.

Any help please.

Gaz:lease:

Anyone please !!

Hiya, ive not fixed this problem but i did have a copy of the PDF manual as I was looking at buying this myself.

Have you assigned HMDI1 to DVD? Page 26/27

Then Select the Digital Input > DVD > Optical. Page 24

If this hasnt fixed it, what does pressing the Input Mode button do now? Page 19

Hope this helps, this is what i would do from the manual.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Yes tried that- if you select HDMI the sound is only in pro logic 2 and when you try and change the sound setting to optical the screen goes blank. It seems you cant have HDMI pictures and Doldy Digital via optical at the same time.

I have now connected my HD box directly to the tv for pictures and the sound to the Samsung amp. It works but defeats the idea of switching etc. Could be a firmware update is needed so if anyone from Samsung reads this please sort.

Best bet would be to e-mail there support and see if there is one.

Dont know if any Samsung employees read these posts !

Rob

hi i also have this amp and when i connect via hdmi i cant get any picture neither triede my sky hd, ps3 and xa1 when i had it get sound via hdmi but noi pic when connecting via hanshake i think it flashes on hdmi and sort of freezes any thoughts

HI there,

I must admit that I haven't experienced the problem that you seem to be, however, i am experiencing another problem. My AS710 is working fine.......too fine. The sound is being delivered before the HDMI image is processed by my Samsung 40inch LCD R74 series. So i am hearing the movie before the thing happens. It's only marginal but enough to be annoying! Can anyone offer any help with delaying the sound from the AS710.

Thanks

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom