• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung HT-310R won't play DVD-R

avnoidea

Standard Member
Hi, I've just bought a new Samsung HT-310R home cinema system from dixons and it won't play any of my normal DVD +R or -R discs! It will play originals, but not ones which I've made myself or transferred off VHS.
I've looked on Samsungs own site for a firmware upgrade or support but they don't even recognise the model!

PLEASE can someone help me with this? I asked in currys before buying and they told me it would play anything...

avnoidea

Standard Member
Yes - all of these DVD's used to work just fine on my old player (a Panasonic). I have even tried them again on a friend'd DVD player to check I had not damaged them and they play without hesitation.

In the manual, it mentions something about DivX (??) coding but I thought that ordinay DVD's should work fine...

I copied a home video from a DVD using Nero the other day also but this still doesn't play.

Any ideas gratefully received please... help!

IAN P

Distinguished Member
The staff in curry's obviously were wrong,can you take it back and try another home cinema system,or is that not an option?

Or take a couple of your discs to the shop and try them on a shop model.

spooney

Prominent Member
Usually the manual will tell you if the device plays DVD +R or -R.

Sometimes certain noname DVD cause issue. I always use Verbatim - a bit more expensive but work like a tread.

avnoidea

Standard Member
The manual is quite vauge, but does mention DVD +- discs, it just goes on to say something about DivX codecs are built in...

Returning it probably isn't an option I don't think since I bought it 5 weeks ago.

Does anyone know where I could get a firmware upgrade which corrects this refusal of 'normal' DVD's?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom