• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung HMX-H200 50p or 60p

rlittlefellow

Standard Member
Hi recently bought a Samsung hmx-h200. now i was of the understanding the camera shot at 60fps but in resolution selection it only shows for 720/50p or 1080/50i can anyone help

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Those are normal for a UK sourced camcorder. Were you reading a spec from a US site ?.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Ah i might have i was just under.the impression that 60fps is.good for slow motion so.is 60p for.ntsc and 50p pal?

HD is neither PAL nor NTSC but the frame rates are historically related. In ntsc countries the mains frequency is generally 60Hz. NTSC is nominally 30fps (29.97fps). In PAL countries the mains are 50Hz and PAL is 25fps.

HD camcorders for 1080 progressive content use double the normal frame rate.

US based 2 x29.97fps UK based 2 x 25 fps.

For burning to DVDs for PAL countries 720 x 576 25fps is a lot easier to divide the frame rate by half. Same for NTSC 720 x 480 29.97 fps.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom