1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HLR5087W

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by malso, May 2, 2005.

1. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the new sammy is already shown on dealtime page 2, but they've got the description wrong......i think.......this one is a smaller version of the new Samsung HLR5687W.......both of these are the next generation of hi def/hi res tvs...

both of these arent for sale yet, but will be soon; because the photo of the 50'' wasn't there last week :D :D so something's going on behind the scenes....

i quote ``....The 56" HLR5688W pedestal DLP is the very first 1080P DLP TV to hit the market. The Cinema Smoothä Optical Engine provides super-high (1920 x 1080) pixel density and progressive scanning for matchless video-image quality. The 5000:1 contrast ratio keeps colors lifelike and vibrant, while Samsung's enhanced Digital Natural Image Engine (DNIe™) takes the signal from any kind of input and turns it into a stunning picture. The set is Digital Cable Ready (DCR) with a built-in CableCARD™ eliminating the need for a set-top box for digital cable program viewing.

The unique pedestal display showcases Samsung's design ingenuity and ensures that the set "Fits Where Others Won't." The DLP TV utilizes Samsung's AnyNet™ System Solution providing simple one-touch control for home theater equipment. Two High-Definition Multimedia Interfaces (HDMI™) ensure optimal signal transmission from DVD players and other digital devices. Cinema Film Mode, 3:2 pull down and a robust 30-watts of audio power complete the home theater experience.

The 50" model, HLR5087W, incorporates the same features with a Cinema Smooth™ 720P engine and a single HDMI. Both models will be available in February 2005. `` :D :D

so this new 50'' model is a direct successor to the SP50..i think, but it's all a bit confusing at the moment ;)

but the 56'' version has all the raz-mataz and glitter, there's not much being said about the 50'' on dealtime and other places too. :( ....i wonder why?

i dont think the 50'' has 1080p, otherwise they'd mention it has on Dealtime; although they state it has above, i.e ``incorporates the same features``..i need to do more research. :D

can anyone here confirm this? :lease:

2. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 56" HLR5688W pedestal DLP could cost from about 2500 to 3000 quid, that's a lot of money....but after 6 months that could drop to less than 2000.

the original sp 50 cost about 3000 quid too.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Malso I think you deserve a prize for the most new threads in a week and for being the most concerned member. LOL :D

You cant really class a LG as a proper DLP TV Lion :hiya: :rotfl: (maybe half)

Front pros are the daddy, LCD front pros have come on along way since they were first released. As I always say bigger is better :smashin: .

Glad your happy Lion. Oh BTW I ordered the virtual fish tank by superbit, thanks for the tip. N.o 1 Hero. :hiya:

4. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yea' sammy 56'' ha ha :D :D ......their release has been delayed for some reason, but i wont buy strait away anyway; so it doesn't really matter.

5. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you look at all the Sammy models coming out this year it's a confusing mess......i also quite like the 56'' model that looks a bit like the rd 50..it's an HLR whatever! i get confused with all the different codes........they're doing a 67'' version too, i think the 56 '' version is the.....HLR5667W :eek: :eek:

i get the right tv one minute, then 5 mins later on google i find something else...it's a right mess, they're selling too many new models :( :(

it looks like to me that Samsung have overstretched themselves, because they're now saying not till june time.

some of these new ones are not this 1920 X 1080 pixel, so we have to be careful, because there's no point buying a next gen dlp if it's not all singing and dancing and all these new ones look the same....its only this pedestal 56''
    1080p that looks different from all the rest.

i need to write these codes down and keep them beside my computer screen
    or i get confused :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    LOL..... Malso is having a brain overload. Samsung are the biggest produceers of DLP technology. If you want to see a lot of DLP models look to the US market they have a lot more models and manufacturers producing DLP tvs. Imagine you with all that choice. :rotfl:

:)

7. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes that's where i'm looking; the U.S market only, you can forget looking here for inspiration because all we have here are dodgy Toshibas, RD 50 with judders, and LG/Tiny crap........this country is a ``dumping ground`` for all the world's junk........``send the crap to the U.K, they wont know any better``. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Uk is always last to get anything decent. Japan and US is the place to be.

BTW LG is is tiny/cr*p the world over, not just in the UK. :D

9. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am really starting to put my heart into the next generation Sammy screens so all that is left to decide is whether to go for 50 inch or 56 inch. My main concern (other than the cost) is whether i could fit it into an upstairs bedroom which is situated at the top of the stairs to the right so if you picture it the left handside of my doorway starts directly at the top of the stairs so it will be a sharp turn for when i try fit my sammy screen in so i may have no choice but to go for 50 inch (which still will be a very tight squeeze) which should be fully compatiable with HD tv from sky digital and all other sources? Is there really any need for 1080p other than bragging rights?

10. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    `` Is there really any need for 1080p other than bragging rights?``

no not really, its just that you'll be getting a better version of the sp50..a much more advanced tv, the next generation.....the trouble is, will it be as reliable as the sp50?........no idea, if not go for the old sp50; if it's still around by then.......it'll take about 6 months of coming here to read the postings to find out how good it is, but it'll take that long for prices to drop anyway! :eek: :eek:

the big mistake, will be to buy one as soon as it comes out over here.. because it could be like the Tosh; a bit hit and miss! :D :D.........it's been delayed about 4 months....now is this why, its not working properly? no idea, but it's release has been delayed hasn't it.

but the advantage we have, is that its not just the pedestal 1080p 56'' that's being released, there's others too...now any one of these will be excellent..so we'll have a choice, but my heart's set on the 56'' pedestal or the 50'' version

in my opinion they're making too many different types of dlp tvs, its a confusing mess and way too hard to make a choice

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Hi Malso :hiya:

I think predicting the market in AV is a hard thing to do. When do you buy? Do you buy now or do you hold on for a few months?

Second hand AV equipment isnt worth anything you lose so much cash if you want to upgrade, so making the right choice is critical.

Wish you all the luck Malso, in the mean time I will enjoy reading your comical post's. :D

12. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, we need to make sure everything's right