Samsung HL-R5064W DLP - disable auto-timer / service jack / Calibration

Good day everyone.

I have a Samsung HL-R5064W - a curbside rescue - which seems to have developed a lamp problem. I've downloaded the user's, service and the training manuals that seem to be out there. I have accessed the "factory" menu and found the lamp life counter and reset it. I've pulled out and reset the light assembly twice.

There is no menu item that clearly allow me to turn off the "auto-timer" which turns the tv off, if the system (literally) decides that the lamp is not bright-enough - it works, it displays, I could probably run the lamp until it burns out: which it clearly has not. I suspect that this would require some kind of tech access and I'd like to know if anyone has successfully done it and how.

The issue can probably be solved by getting a replacement light, but there is something I want to try first. The analogue panel for this and many other Samsung DLPs has a "Service" jack, which looks like 3.5mm port. In the user's manual, it's there for "software updates" and for technical access. I suspect that the technical access afforded by the "Service" jack would give me a proper work-around. Anyone done it? Can't find anything about this thing.

Also, the thing has some kind of calibration problem akin to a CRT's pincushion setting: it's squished inwards, horizontally. The various factory settings are really cryptic. Does anyone know how to calibrate this thing? I don't want to adjust the boards manually - like it seems to hint at in the training manual.

Regards.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom