samsung hd950 wont play divx.

jayr6666

Novice Member
hello all,
The player is activated through divx.com but will not play divx movie burned onto cd-r.the movie did come from p2p site so inkling that it might not be cosher.disc plays ok on media player though.wierd.any help please?cheers.jay.

An-D

Standard Member
I've got the same problem.

Someting I noticed in the manual is that it will supposedly only play files that are encoded in DivX3.11, DivX4, DivX5 and XviD

For DivX5 the files have to be encoded at 720 x 480 @ 30fps or 720 x 576 @ 25fps

Even with a file encoded at these settings though I still haven't managed to get one working.

I was beginning to suspect it was the fact I was using a DVDRW but it seems that might not be the case.

As with Jay, any advice on this would be appreciated.

LeBigmac

Standard Member
guys not sure what you do but i have no problem at all with DivX films..... work like a charme.

can you see root directory when putting in DVD?

also the activation on the website has nothing to do with it, you only subscibed for on-demand divx downloads.... like a rental place but with copyprotection and tracker.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
Mine works fine too.

One thing to note however is sometimes i will put 5 films on a disk and if one of them is corrupted the player will not get past the loading screen even though on my sons player the disk will load but only the dodgy film will not play.

Try a different divx film.

Oh and it does not matter which media you use it should play everything.

M

mikier

Guys, can I jump in on this also.

I am looking at this player to compliment my Samsung M61...I have alot of .avi files on my Mac, will these work on the DVD player or does the extension have to be something else?

sponnie

Standard Member
Just got a HD950 today and it seems pretty good but I have a problem with Divx lip sync too. The audio is about 10 seconds ahead of the video on some Divx files but alright on others

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom