Samsung HD945 with Panasonic SA XR70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by demostenes, May 23, 2005.

1. demostenes

demostenes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Im planning to buy a new dvd player and a A/V receiver to connect to a LCD TV ( panasonic TC-32LX50. . . in the future ) and after reading other threads and comparing models i´ve came up with :

Samsund DVD HD 945
    Panasonic A/V SA XR70

All have hdmi conections and the dvd as some interesting capabilities such as divx, progressive scan, upscaling 1080i...

Questions:
    1- Is the HD945 worth the extra 80 euros (+/-60£) over the HD 850 (Sacd, cables...)

2- Personal opinion of these models or other choices.

Thanks
    Nuno

2. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

The 850 is kind of a replacement for the 945. Ive got a 945 which i can only say is excellent through hdmi.
    Do a search on the forum regarding the 945, unfortunately the 945 and the 850 have a couple of software issues epecially if you watch region 1 disc as you need to manually switch to ntsc. Even with the niggles i stil say its a damn good machine and great value for mony. The 850 does not come with an hdmi lead wheres the 945 has hdmi to hdmi and a hdmi to dvi lead.

Welcome to the forums also. :thumbsup:

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910

:hiya: nuno
    why dont you pair the amp with the panasonic s97 player thats what ive done but if divx is important to you it dont play them :( but its a cracking machine specialy as its come down in price :thumbsup:

4. demostenes

demostenes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply's ... :thumbsup:

As u mentioned kourosh the s97 is a very good dvd player but costs twice... as for the region 1 and ntsc problems .. well we only have PAL here ( i supose the 945 has pal) and all dvds are region 2 ( with the hack the samsung can read all regions right?) :smashin:

5. Corgan_dk

Corgan_dk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you please specify those "software issues"? What problems do they cause?

Thanks.

6. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910
    you can buy the s97 multi for £159 now it has come well down in price there is a firmware upgrade to solve the ntsc problem as well i have it connected via hdmi and its a smashing picture :thumbsup:

7. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Hi Corgan

The software issues are all in a previous thread, i think there were 15 in all.
    There's the manual switching for ntsc playback, no auto. If you change any settings they go back to default when you switch off. If you press stop while watchong a movie the player switches off after a while and starts from the beginning when you start, no memory. Do a search in the forum, the thread was quite recent. Dont let these probs put you off, its still a great player and a great stopgap till HD-DVD and BlueRay. PQ is excellent via hdmi on my dlp set. :thumbsup:

8. Corgan_dk

Corgan_dk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi.
    Thanks for answering. I bought a Samsung HD945 a couple of months ago. I was just wondering what the software issues were. I haven't noticed that many yet (only the "no-memory" issue).

:)