1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HD945 Standby lockup problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BruceH, May 1, 2005.

1. BruceH

BruceH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just got my Samsung HD945, connected to a screenplay 5700 by HDMI.
    From cold startup (ie. after power cycling) it works fine, however if I put the unit into standy and try and power on from there it seems to crash.

If I power up using power, it says "LOAD" on screen and freezes (no drive movement), using play button says "PLAY" and freezes, using eject button says "OPEN" and freezes.

In each of theses "freezes" it will accept no further input other than power and off.

HELP !!!!

has any one else had this problem, should I return it?

Bought from Pixmania, I have cut the euro plug off and replaced with UK plug, assume this won't cause a problem???

Thanks,
    Bruce.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Have you experimented whether having your display device switched on or off has eny effect on the freezing?

...PJ

3. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Give samsung a phone and they will send an engineer out, they sounded surprised when i gave them the serial no and asked where i bought it, told them pixmania. Engineer coming out to put new firmware on that isnt avail to download yet. :smashin:

4. BruceH

BruceH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have experimented with HDMI cable plugged/unplugged. At first I thought it was the HDMI connection that was causing the problem.
    sometimes now it doesn't even work consistently after a cold reboot.
    I've given up on it for the time being, will call Samsung on Monday. (well Tuesday after the bank holiday).

Thanks for the tips.

5. cashlessbond

cashlessbond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Have you got your player sorted by the samsung engineer? did he install new firmware? How about an update for all us 945 owners who are suffering the same annoying probs ie 'HDMI Audio not supported' bloody white light on, switch off, on again, mind of its own. We live in hope :lease:

6. BruceH

BruceH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I phoned Samsung, they said "not a firmware problem", "less than 7 days old". Send it back to retailer.

So I sent it back to Pixmania, after an engineers inspection they confirmed it was faulty and refunded it (minus the shipping costs).

I decided to spend my money on an LCD TV instead.

I'll buy an HDMI DVD when they have matured a little.
    Or when I can afford a better one.

7. aspfjall

aspfjall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also that "freezing" problem but it does not happen every time, more like every second time, I would guess..

Player is connected with hdmi-dvi-cable. I tried it also with scart-cable, but the problem was the same.

It's not a "fatal" problem, but annoying anyway... Any tips to fix the problem?

8. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Unfortunately the engineer was a waste of time, samsungs response it the machine is working as they intended it to work and if not happy then return player to retailer. Thankfully mine was only ever intended to be a stop gap till HD-dvd. :thumbsdow