Samsung HD945 challenge - £25 voucher to the winner!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Neil Fellows, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    THE PROBLEM:

Right, I’ve a challenge for you. I currently have a Pio 435XDE, Samsung HD945 DVD player, and a Home Theatre Master MX3000 remote with MRF-250 receiver, which picks up RF signals sent from the remote, and spits out IR via stick-on flashers at the DVD player.

The DVD player is installed in a cabinet, in another room from the TV, hence my use of the MRF-250 receiver. My problem is that the Samsung DVD player seems to use a strange kind of infra red system - something my remote refuses to learn. I don’t know if it’s a similar problem to some old Pace set-top boxes (that have to use the Magic Eye for universal remotes) or if it’s just down to my configuration. I have searched and searched for the remote codes for the DVD player (remote central etc.) but alas no luck.

THINGS I’VE TRIED ALREADY:
    I’ve tried the learning capability of the MX3000 direct from the DVD players remote, from various distances, with fresh batteries in and it still does not work. I’ve tried the built in database of codes from the MX3000 editor software, closes match been the Samsung HD943, but this does not work either. Help...

THE PRIZE
    Not much, but if someone gets this problem sorted, I’ll give them a £25 Amazon voucher (or donate to a chosen charity). I’m that desperate to get the player working this way I’ve given up trying. If anyone has managed to get this player working via an RF universal remote, to a receiver that kicks out IR via the stick-on flashers, then I’d love to hear from you.

Ps. Not sure if this is in the right forum (maybe remote forum instead?) it's just that the HD45 has been discussed at length in here, so i'm trying this first.

2. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorted it:

I did find out at the weekend that the front IR blaster of the receiver is (by default) disabled. THE INSTRUCTIONS MAKE NO MENTION OF THIS. It was only by chance reading their FAQ's on the website I can across it. And.... bingo! it works. So thats it then, end of story. Ever get the feeling i'm talking to myself?!

3. kamaran

kamaran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm sure I replied to this?! I suggested the Samsung HD945 DVD player maybe using IRDA - which turned out to be wrong anyway :)

Well done on sorting it! Treat yourself to something nice with those vouchers ;)