Samsung HD945 Availability

ap69

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas on retailers with this in stock?
Have tried most of the usual suspects and no luck.

Cheers

HD945 or HD745 (Same but DVI rather than HDMI and only £100) available from DigiUK 4day lead time.

I received my HD945 from Digi-UK today. They received a shipment from Samsung on Tuesday, there nght be some left if you're quick.

BTW, picture quality is awesome through HDMI-DVI on my Hitachi plasma :)

Berwhale, Im just curious to know which Hitachi screen you have?
I have a 42PD5200. Lets hope thats what you got as you really seem to be amazed with the picture quality.

I've just called DigiUK and they tell me that Samsung have now discontinued this model :(. It could come back in stock, but they are not sure themselves. No more left :( Not a happy bunny.

I've just learnt that Pixmania.co.uk will be getting 650 units next week and are taking orders!

Do any of the High Street stores stock these?

I have been searching, but so far my quest has been unsuccessful. I think the new HD players are still a new thing and usually the high street stores are extremely slow to catch up. Once all manufacturers starts producing them then I am sure they will be widely available at tempting prices!

Thanks for the Pixmania link. Just ordered one for £156 inc p+p.

Need to watch that site though! If you just keep hitting enter they try and add on warranty and loyalty vouchers to the final bill. Suddenly my total was £172 until I started deselecting their defaults. Bit of a dodgy trick I think.

Ray :thumbsup:

newbiebie said:
Doesnt look like the HD 950 version is any different than the 945. Still an upscaler, not an HD player. Must just be the US version of our 945 here. I think..

The 941 is the US version of the 945 ;)

totalmadness said:
I've just called DigiUK and they tell me that Samsung have now discontinued this model :(. It could come back in stock, but they are not sure themselves. No more left :( Not a happy bunny.

That rather worries me as they emailed me yesterday telling me the one I had ordered would arrive in the next 3-4 days. :(

Thanks for the original response fellas.
Got one from DigiUK a couple of days ago - apparently they were receiving a bunch from Samsung on the 29th.

SamirP said:
The 941 is the US version of the 945 ;)

Thx SamirP, any idea then when the UK version of the 950 will be out? I might be quite interested if that's the case and would like to know what the enhancements/bug fixes are..

Well, having charged my credit card on Thursday I had to call DigiUK to ask where the hell my player was only to be informed that they have now discontinued the model and didn't allocate any of their recent delivery to me even though I had been charged. Very disappointed with this company.

DigiUK estimate that the 950 will be out in May by the way.

Does anyone know what the difference is between 945 and 950??? New Zoran chip generation? (looks like the Vaddis 8 has motion adaptive prog scan vs the 7 but cannot confirm as only info available is the press releases from Zoran)

barongreenback said:
Well, having charged my credit card on Thursday I had to call DigiUK to ask where the hell my player was only to be informed that they have now discontinued the model and didn't allocate any of their recent delivery to me even though I had been charged. Very disappointed with this company.

DigiUK estimate that the 950 will be out in May by the way.

I've ordered via pixmania.co.uk and they are expecting stock on Friday 8th. I'll let you know if they turn up trumps.

Ray

Pixmania is now posting April 15 as the availability date (was April 8)..... that says it all.

Just cancelled my Pixmania order. Need to start searching elewhere.

Ray :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom