Samsung HD935 with Alis Screen

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Arshad, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Normally the alis screen works as follows:

1. 576i is converted to 576p
    2. 576p is upscaled to 1024p
    3. 1024p is converted to 1024i and displayed as such, 2 fields of 512.

If fed a progressive source, step one is by passed.

The Samsung DVDHD935 with an ordinary DVD title scale-up to 720p/1080i.

Now the Hitachi 5000 series available here has a DVI(HDCP) input.

I want to know if the Samsung HD935 would make any difference to the picture quality since it can take ordinary dvd resolution and scale-up to 720/1080i?

Since the Hitachi can do the upconversion of normal dvd resolution to 1024i as mentioned above. I am confuse here? Is it worth it to go for the Samsung HD935 to go along the Hitachi 5000 series?

Well I'm not sure about the upcoversion of both the Samsung HD935 and Hitachi but I'm sure the DVI input alone would make a great difference to the PQ. Right?

One more question, will the dvd players with HDMI output be compatible with the DVI input on the Hitachi with some sort of adaptor or cable like HDMI-DVI or DVI-HDMI?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Hi Arshad,

I expect DVDs would look pretty good scaled to 1080i to the DVI input on the Hitachi - a few lines at the top and bottom would be lost though. DVI-HDCP is compatible with HDMI using an adapter or a DVI to HDMI cable as produced by Panasonic. Hope this helps.

Steve