1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HD935 Is DVI good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pantages, Jul 19, 2004.

1. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Is this a good DVD player? I would only want to use the DVI output. Any comments will be appreciated - good or bad!

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,147
    Rubbish with CD's and the component and Scart feeds aren't as good as the Toshiba SD240 for example but the DVI out is very good for the money it costs- through a low res plasma panel it is as good as more expensive units.
    HTH

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    For me NTSC material to my pj via DVI was exceptional, even better than my pio 757 it was just so sharp.
    For PAL material however i personally found it a bit lacking and preferred the pio 757.

4. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    also the 935 is unable to output 720p @50hz, If you have to buy a dvi player now then I would go for the Yamakawa 365.

But as there are a few Dvi/HDMI players from Sony, Denon & Panny due to come out over the next few months I would wait and see how the others perform before buying.

:)

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Well said, i would also recommend that as well.

6. FruitBat

FruitBat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Does anyone know how the DVI behaves through an LCD panel. Specifically a Samsung LW26A33W. I have one of these and it crops 16:9 broadcasts from a freeview box (the panel is 15:9). I would like to get a DVD player with DVI as the TV has no component input, but I would like to be able to see the full image (letterboxed if necessary). The screen is 1280x768. If I understand these DVD players correctly, the 720p means scaled up to 1280x720 (I'm not sure if this is correct because I would have thought that some DVDs were more widescreen than others) - if so, it would be nice to have that letterboxed on the TV rather than scaled-up (again) to the full 768 and cropped.
    [I emailed Samsung - "Our technicians will get back to you" - 2 weeks and waiting...]