Samsung HD860 problem

HighQ

I tryed connecting this to my HD lcd yesterday and the picture is awful! I try to press the HD button on the dvd remote but it just brings up a "no entry" sign in the top right hand corner???

Whats going on? how can i get this player to upscale? have i bought a duff player?

Many thanks

dazza1011

have you tried pressing the button when a disc is in or out ?

and how is it connected ?

i have a sammy player different model cant remember how i got progresive scan on i'll have a look when i get home

HighQ

Hi there, I've tryed with a disc in and it tells me to stop the dvd so i do but it still wont let me.

With regards to how i have it connected its connected via component straight into the tv (not thorugh an or anything yet)

Best regards

daz_man83

I tryed connecting this to my HD lcd yesterday and the picture is awful! I try to press the HD button on the dvd remote but it just brings up a "no entry" sign in the top right hand corner???

Whats going on? how can i get this player to upscale? have i bought a duff player?

Many thanks

Its either a faulty connection on your TV or a faulty player! what tv have you got?

Peopleselbowpad

Does this player upscale by component out of the box? I didnt think it did(open to correction). Would pressing the HD button be only when connected via HDMI?

visionaire

Standard Member
Hi.... If you are using HDMI to connect to your LCD the HD860 uses an "auto" resolution setting, which I presume runs at the resolution dictated by your HDMI connected screen.

To manually set the resolution that the player runs at, EMPTY and CLOSE the disk tray then press the "MENU" button on the remote. From the displayed menu select "SETUP".... then "DISPLAY SETUP" ..... then "HDMI".... then tweak the "Resolution Setting" as required.

Hopefully once completed you should be able to enjoy the sweet pictures the player is capable of

HighQ

Hi there i cant get into that menu as im using component which the guy in the shop told me was fine and not to bother with hdmi as i would see no difference between the two.

:(

DazzaSammy

Hi there, You cant choose the upscale resolution when using component video only when using a HDMI cable, I have same dvd player and have connected using HDMI , IXOS Scart and Component. It depends on what your watching to see a difference IMO. The preset resolution output from component is 720 or so Samsung tech told me. And there is not much difference between 720 and 1080 at all if any. :)

DougieB

Hi HighQ

The HD860 does not upscale via component. I have this player and have it connected to my JVC 28P37SJE Crt which TV will do 1080i through component
but not with the 860. There is a firmware upgrade for Region 5 for the HD950 which allows upscaling via component and some other Samsung DVD players but
whether or not it will work with the 860, I`m not sure. The firmware upgrade can be found on the Zoran Valdis forum.
Hope this is of some help.

I can confirm that the component upscaling upgrade on the 950 works as my
eldest son has an upgraded 950 which switches resolutions via the HDMI button
and displays 768 and 1080i on his 36" Toshiba CRT.

DougieB:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom