Samsung HD860 problem via HDMI

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Just recieved my HDMI lead(QED one), plugged it into the tv and dvd player but all i get is this flashing blue screen.

Anyone have a cure to this or is the dvd/tv/lead ****ed?

B

BillyTKidd

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem, I get a flashing blue and green screen.

I have the sammy hd860 dvd and sammy le32r72b lcd tv

I have tried switching off and on the dvd and the tv in various combinations, both tried disconnecting the power and just going to sleep mode.

I have disconnected my previous scart lead, only retain the coax connector to the amplifier for sound.

I have disconnected power to both tv and dvd, unplugged the hdmi cable and switched the power back on (with no cable). The unplugged the power again, connected the hdmi cable, and switched them back on again.

I have also reset the dvd player by holding down the fast forward for 5 seconds with no disc in.

I have also pressed the "hdmi select" button on the remote a number of times.

Any suggestions?

I live pretty far from the shop where I bought it and it's quite some trouble to take it back there.

cheers
btk

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
What lead is it?

I had the same problem with a QED HDMI lead to my sammy 26", and still ocasianally get it, unplug DVD player from mains and the try it again, then TV.

It will eventually work.

I think its the DVD thats the problem tbh.

B

BillyTKidd

I first bought a cheap £15 cable over the internet, forgot which shop.

I was told that it "must be" the cable that's not good enough.

So I bought a £59 cable from dixons/currys today - "Pure AV" 1.2m.
Exactly the same problem, obviously it wasn't the cable problem.

I tried unplugging alternately the tv and dvd player 5 times each, and no improvement at all.

cheers
btk

Druboo

I would plug your scart connection back in (so at least you can see the set up menu)
Try different video set ups progressive, interlaced automatic, switching back to hdmi to see if you have a picture.
If your tv supports it take your hdmi cable back and swap it for a component :smashin:

HTH

B

BillyTKidd

Hi Thanks for your reply

But you know, the HDMI menu is greyed out unless the HDMI cable is attached. When I reconnect the scart or component cable, it is not possible to select the hdmi menu at all.

I'd like to use hdmi, my tv supports picture-in-picture but only combining hdmi with another signal. not for example component+scart.

I also reckon that picture quality is better using rgb-scart than using component. Pausing a movie, it is easy to see that subtitles are much sharper on scart than on component.

I'll take the player back to the shop I bought it.

cheers
btk

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom