Samsung hd860 firmware + region hack question.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Jase Winter, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Jase Winter

Jase Winter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    Anyone know if installing the latest firmware from samsung clears the region hack and if it does will the same hack work again?

Cheers!

2. elrexo

elrexo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Apparently, it does clear the region hack.
    I haven't found any mention of anyone re-hacking.
    Although I read that there is now an extra hack listed on Amazon.
    I daren't upgrade the firmware on mine until I'm sure it can be hacked again.

If anyone has the answer - please let us know!

3. theclawinorbit

theclawinorbit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Don't upgrade if you want multi region capabilites :

see the instruction below from another thread

Ok, here's what a little perseverance can do for you!
    I have successfully Multi-Region enabled my new version firmware HD870 by loading an old version firmware!!

Previously my brand new HD870 had firmware version: 050807.04.87iHXEXEG (found by pressing the 'info' button while the DVD Tray is open)

On another forum I found the link to this page:
    http://www.samsung.com/pl/products/d.../dvd_hd870.asp

By clicking on the "tutaj" link at the bottom I downloaded a file called "DVD_HD870_upgrade.zip".

This contained an ISO file "Samsung_DVD-HD870_DivX_Firmware_Upgrade_Disc_Image.iso" which contains firmware version: "030907.03.87iHXEXEG"

I burned the ISO to a CDR and put the disc in my HD870.
    It lists the current and new version on screen and asks you to select 'total' (???) to continue.
    It then said loading for about 2-3 minutes.
    The tray then opened and I took the CDR out (seemed the right thing to do!)
    After another 2-3 minutes of saying "loading" the unit turned itself off!
    I turned it on and it asked me which language I wanted for the menus (Press 1 for English).

I was then able to sucessfully able to do the Multi-Region hack/fix using the (press Repeat, "No-Disc" disappear, enter: 57538, see 2, enter 9, turn off) method described in previous posts!
    Please note that I had to enter the 57538 part multiple times until it displayed the "2" on screen!

I have tested with Region 2 and Region 1 discs and they both play correctly!

I do not know if there are any other issues which the newer firmware fixed (I've read reports of better remote response) but my priority was to be able to play my R1 AND R2 discs, so I'm happy.

Once a working hack/fix for the new firmware is published I may upgrade back to the latest firmware!

Hope this helps!

Cheers, DEZ
    -
    dgcorp is offline Reply With Quote

4. elrexo

elrexo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, but what we need is a region hack for the HD860 latest firmware before we upgrade to that version.

:lease: