Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung HD850 to Sony DAVS300

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by moosie, Jun 15, 2005.

1. moosie

moosie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a projector with a HDMI input and was thinking of buying the Samsung HD850 ( as it has HDMI output ) to optimise the picture. I should really buy an AMP as well but I would rather wait til ones come out with multi hdmi inputs that don't cost the price of a small car. In the meantime does anyone think that it would be possible to feed the picture through hdmi to the projector and sound through my old Sony DAVS300 Home Cinema System or am I barking mad. Or do I need a different DVD player. ( Looking at a low cost DVD player as I think I'll probably get a PS3 next year which will have HDMI amd allsorts.

2. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If the DAVS300 has a digital input it will work fine. I have a Samsung 745 hooked up to my tv via component and connected to my DAVS888 via a digital optical cable.

3. moosie

moosie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does have an optical input ( which my Sky Box is plugged into I think ) but I'm sure I can route that through the HD850 instead.