1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HD850 - Standby light annoying

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dmjohnson123, Aug 13, 2005.

1. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just bought a Samsung HD850 DVD Player. On the whole, very pleased with it - However:

Can anyone tell me how to lower / switch off / disconnect the piercing blue light around the power button when the unit is in standby.

I find this very distracting :( to the point where I'd be happy to open the player up and cut some wires if it can't be disabled through a menu.

If cutting is the only way to go, can someone tell me if just cutting the wires (and using some insulation tape to prevent shorting from then on) is the way to go or what ?

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    On the 745 the standby light is a dim red LED next to the power button, the blue light around the button only comes on when you switch the unit on. Wonder why they've changed it?

Could you simply place an object in front of it while you are viewing if it is so distracting?

...PJ :)