Samsung Hd850 - Help!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hambo2000, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Hambo2000

Hambo2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Have just purchased a Samsung HD 850 to go with my plasma TV and to take advantage of the HDMI/DVI ports. The problem seems to be as I am discovering that my tv's dvi port is not hdcp enabled, all i get is a black screen when i try to play a dvd.

I can see the samsungs menu screen ok and change settings etc, but the moment I put a disc in it goes black. Can anyone help me with this? I have tried apply both region and hdcp hacks.

I have read elsewhere that the new 2006 Samsung HD850/950's have had their firmware upgraded so as to not allow the hdcp hacks anymore. Someone even suggested on a 950 that they have to re-install the old 2005 firmware then apply the hacks.

Has anyone had experience with this situation? Can you please help me out. Do i need to do this with the 850 and where would i get it from...

many thanks
    Jon

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    what you've read is precisely correct, I bought a 950 last week and flashed to an older firmware to remove HDCP and enable higher res on component, it also added multi region

go to ZoranDVD on yahoo groups

3. Hambo2000

Hambo2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for responding.

Do you know how i'd check for my firmware and if the same firmware for the 950 would work on the 850?

cheers