Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung HD745 or Pioneer 575A?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by argon106, Feb 24, 2005.

1. argon106

argon106

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering to buy Pioneer 575A and Samsung HD745. I think both players could be purchased for around 100 quid at the moment. Although both seem to be excellent players, which player do you recommend at this time? Why? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

2. emfect

emfect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering both players also.

I've read some bad reports about the Samsoung's YUV over component picture on a German forum (http://www.hifi-forum.de).

And since I'm planning to use it for analog output this has given me some doubts. Can anyone comment on the quality of the picture of the Samsung HD745/945 over component versus that of the Pioneer 575?

If you have a DVI-capable screen the choice is easy ofcourse.. DVI is the way to go!

3. McE

McE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    can't find any bad comments about the samsung on that page :confused:

Component is just a bit less sharp than DVI but has better blacks! I think it's a very good component picture AND the Samsung can scale over component to 720p and 1080i!

Again, the player is not perfect and kind of a beginners-DVI-player but at that price unbeatable!

HDTV Scaler (even over component)
    DVI, component
    DivX, MP3, JPEG
    SACD, Audio-DVD
    AC3 Decoder

4. Vorix

Vorix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am in a similar position but have just decided to order the Samsung because of the DVI output to go with my nice new Video7 32" LCD, especially since the MR hack apparently removes the HDCP.

I read through the long thread on the player and decided that it looked pretty amazing value for £110.

So, I placed the order with DigiUK but they're not expecting stock until next week. Hopefully, I will have it by the end of the week, though.

5. MickyGee

MickyGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Component is very good, close to DVI.