Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung hd745 / hd945 + Sagem Axium??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jafal, Nov 10, 2004.

1. jafal

jafal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I held out & held out. Took the plunge & bought the Sagem Axium 50'' dlp tv.. With my limited knowledge of all things too technical, I am now looking to improve on my aging Pioneer "444" dvd player..
    The Samsung players seem to offer excellent value for money with dvi output.. does anyone here know if these units will happily connect through the Sagems DVI input?? oh! do I really need divX compatability?

Kind Regards David.

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Short answer is no, not as shipped. The Axium's DVI input is not compatible with HDCP, so won't take a feed from any DVD player which is HDCP-enabled. I have read that the previous model from Samsung could be modified so that the HDCP signal was no longer present. Don't know if the current models will be the same.

DivX depends on if you're a a fan of downloading movie material from the net. Not really the kind of quality I would be looking for on my main TV set.

3. mfairclough

mfairclough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody who has an Axium tell me what is the minimum viewing distance is that feels 'comfortable to watch' for both DVD and Sky. I've got the similar Optoma RD50 on order but am a bit worried that it will be too big for my room (28ft long 12ft wide). I'll be watching the TV from 2 possible positions, the first is 8 ft away and the second is 12ft.

I'm also a bit worried that watching such a large screen from the above distances for several hours i.e. will it be too overpowering, could this cause headaches etc. I'm upgrading from a standard 29" Panasonic screen and would be interested to hear from anyone else who has upgraded in a similar way and who views from a similar distance.