Samsung HD745 DVD-A in 5.1?

mdawkins

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Samsung HD745 and wondered if someone can tell me if it can play DVD-A discs in 5.1 through the analog outputs, as I have tried a disc I have and the audio only came out the front speakers.:confused:

Thanks

Martin.

Just to clear up the obvious first, it is a 5.1 disc rather than a stereo recording you're playing? If so, are all connections secure and in the right sockets?

The disc was a DVD Audio disc with 5.1 DTS and 5.1 Multi Channel options on it, Queen - A Night At The Opera. I have got 6 phono connections going from the player to my amp and selected the multi channel option on the disc. I just want somebody to confirm whether this player will output in 5.1 from a DVD Audio disc, then at least I will know if there is a problem or not.

I will check all connections again tonight but I'm pretty sure they are connected properly.

Thanks

Martin.

Having had a very brief experience of the 950 last week with DVD-A, it will play out 2 channel over the standard digital, but if you want fully 5.1 DVD-A you will need to connect the additiona analog cables. Also, if you get the choice of DD or DTS when playing a DVD-A disc, then your DVD player does not support DVD-A, as you get a different menu if it does with no choice for DD or DTS.

Thanks for the reply,

I have connected phono cables from the 5.1 analog outputs on the dvd player to my amp and the DVD-A disc I tried had a DTS audio and a multi channel 5.1 option. When I tried the multi channel option the audio only came out of the front speakers.
Ideally I would like someone who has a HD745 to confirm whether or not it will output in 5.1 through the analog outputs, I know it supports SACD so presumably this should output in 5.1 using the analog outputs but I haven't got a disc to try yet!

Thanks

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom