Samsung HD - New EPG

b_yead

Established Member
Reaction score
Samsung HD boxes are next in line to get the new EPG (if the rumor is true!!!). Hopefully they will be done in one go. Please keep other Samsung owners updated when you receive your mailshot re: new EPG and if there's any problem.

Samsung HD
Model Number: 0.7.070
Version Number: 973006

:thumbsup:

There's much talk about Samsung being next to get the update on both AV Forums and Digital Spy. I'm just hoping they will be updated in one go.

suppose you got a 50/50 chance of getting that right, as for all getting em at the same time.......I wouldn't hold me breath if I were you:rolleyes:

suppose you got a 50/50 chance of getting that right, as for all getting em at the same time.......I wouldn't hold me breath if I were you:rolleyes:

Why would you wanna hold your breath anyway what with all the threads on here about how buggy and crap the new EPG is? I'm a Samsung owner and, with a little lip sync problem I have, I really don't want any more problems regarding the new planner. I'm happy with the one I have.

The Sky guy who installed ours last Wednesday said the Samsung box was next.

Whether he's a good enough source remains to be seen.

I wish I had the new EPG for last nights match though!!!!

Why would you wanna hold your breath anyway what with all the threads on here about how buggy and crap the new EPG is? I'm a Samsung owner and, with a little lip sync problem I have, I really don't want any more problems regarding the new planner. I'm happy with the one I have.

No guys I'm not holding my breath for this buggy version of EPG....BUT it's inevitable...right?

My box works just fine...not even lipsync (touch wood).....What I'm concerned about is what this EPG might to do a perfectly working box:rolleyes:. After reading about problems that the Pace owners are having, I have no doubt some Samsungs will be affected too...:suicide:

Why would you wanna hold your breath anyway what with all the threads on here about how buggy and crap the new EPG is?

well you very rarely hear good news on forums do you? its mainly bad, and besides, you got a samsung so it should out preform the thomson

dont get all beat up about it, your gonna get it whether you like it or not, my 1st impressions are very good tbh, i am happy

why hold your breath? i was actually referring to the op hoping to have all the samsungs done in one go, i personally dont think that will happen:rolleyes:

well you very rarely hear good news on forums do you? its mainly bad, and besides, you got a samsung so it should out preform the thomson

dont get all beat up about it, your gonna get it whether you like it or not, my 1st impressions are very good tbh, i am happy

why hold your breath? i was actually referring to the op hoping to have all the samsungs done in one go, i personally dont think that will happen:rolleyes:

The "hold your breath" was more retorical than anything. I think my Samsung is great with a superb sd and hd picture. I just don't want any problems with the new epg. I'm scared now. lol

Hi

What's lip sync?

Baz

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new EPG.

Having read through the various threads, the major gripe seems to be the sound issue with the mini-tv. I'm sure it won't be too long before we all start pressing mute before going into the EPG!

Also, haven't the majority of Pace users said the new EPG is quicker than the old one? If that's the case, surely there is no reason to expect anything different with the Samsungs?

Fingers crossed for a trouble free upgrade soon!

Hi

What's lip sync?

Baz

Sounds and picutres not in sync:

Can be like watching a bad pop star miming. Can be resolved when sound ahead of pictures (by setting a delay in the options menus) but where people have problems is when the picture is ahead of the sound as you cant do much about that

I have a Samsung and it was on the sky home channel when I turned my telly on this morning, as though the box had been rebooted. I thought I may have the new EPG, but no, still the old one. Then again this morning my box rebooted for no apparent reason (it's never done this before), but still nothing. Do you think this means it is trying to update, or maybe a fault of some kind? :confused:

Mine was also on the Sky Home Channel when I turned it on today. I also have a Samsung box.

I have a Samsung & mine was on more4+1 when i put it on today,

This has absolutely no relevance to anything as that was the last channel it was on last night when i went to bed :D

I have a Samsung and it was on the sky home channel when I turned my telly on this morning, as though the box had been rebooted. I thought I may have the new EPG, but no, still the old one. Then again this morning my box rebooted for no apparent reason (it's never done this before), but still nothing. Do you think this means it is trying to update, or maybe a fault of some kind? :confused:

What letter is your EPG version? Mine is still J apparently they change to K before they update.

What letter is your EPG version? Mine is still J apparently they change to K before they update.

Just checked mine and it is showing as k - been a while since I checked this so not sure how long it has been at this version...

Yeah mine says K but no idea if that has changed. Never checked it before! Something must be happening as it has rebooted again. Haven't had my pack yet tho :confused:

Yeah mine says K but no idea if that has changed. Never checked it before! Something must be happening as it has rebooted again. Haven't had my pack yet tho :confused:

I've had version "k" on my Samsung since it was installed in February.

Hope this rumour is true, would like the new eps as I reckon it'd work better with my harmony as there's a little less reliability on the coloured buttons thanks to having tabs now.

Having read through the various threads, the major gripe seems to be the sound issue with the mini-tv. I'm sure it won't be too long before we all start pressing mute before going into the EPG!

thats a great suggestion...I'm going see if I can setup my Harmony 895 to do mute/guide in one button press. :)

Hope Sky will fix the front indicator bug before they rollout the EPG for Samsung :rolleyes:. I can't stand this blue spinning thing...

don't you just love rumours, may happen this weekend right in middle of fa cup final but might happen in 3weeks time when rubbish is on and nobody notices.

i'm in the brigade, when it happens it happens and nothing will force or stop it.
soo many million threads on this it is unreal

The software changed from J to K in January.

It has nothing to do with the new EPG but was an attempt to fix lip sync problems I believe.

I have had two new Samsungs fitted since January and on neither occasion did ther installer update from J to K.

This you can do with the usual forced update. But if the Samsung is close to getting the new EPG it might be best to wait in case holding code is already there that might get messed up by doing such an update.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom