Samsung HD - New EPG

ahaydock

So have any other Samsung owners here got the leaflet yet?

I haven't :thumbsdow

LanceR

I think Sky were just waiting until every decent football match on ITV HD had been shown...just to p*** me off.

Couldn't give 2 s**** about getting the new EPG now there is nothing decent to watch on ITV HD :mad:

In fact based on the negative comments I am hoping I don't get it anytime soon! :nono:
Well my experience of the new EPG on my Pace box has been very very good, i would say wait and see.

mwjdavies

I havent got a new card or the new epg yet, but am moving house next week, and got a engineer coming next saturday to re-install. So will ask him if he knows anything! Worth a ask i guess!

ness694

Standard Member
Hi samsung here and still no up date (Berkshire)Mate has same as me and live 1/2 mile away and has new up date ( 2 weeks ago) ,Think a bit Hit and Miss.

Question is is it worth waiting for????????

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Hi samsung here and still no up date (Berkshire)Mate has same as me and live 1/2 mile away and has new up date ( 2 weeks ago) ,Think a bit Hit and Miss.

Question is is it worth waiting for????????
Are you sure your mates got a Samsung as I don't believe any Samsungs have been updated yet ?

Get him to check the manufacturers name on the back ;)

homer_jay

Novice Member
Sky engineer who installed my box last week said he has the new EPG on his Samsung and he's had no problems with it at all (just took some getting used to), but only Sky employees etc had had it on a Samsung at the time he did my install, as they were the guinea pigs ;)

martytarty

Novice Member
my samsung dont have new epg yet, i have had no black envelope either, only thing i got was my replacement viewing cards which has nothing to do with epg, im hoping something will happen this week

Keano201

Standard Member
When were the Pace boxes updated? I thought they said all the boxes would be updated by the end of Spring, which would be at the end of June but the chances of all the boxes having the new EPG by the end of this month are very slim.

I haven't had the EPG demo in my Anytime planner for a while now, so I assumed that it would be arriving soon. Maybe next week will be the week that we finally get it.....

scarey

Novice Member
i to still havnt got a new epg on my samsung, mind you i've just recieved my £50 m&s vouchers today and my install was on 3rd march...:rolleyes:

kenedin

I know. I asked that question because I have a samsung box and wanted to work how long ago it was since the last update.
It must have been two/three weeks ago, or thereabouts.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
i to still havnt got a new epg on my samsung, mind you i've just recieved my £50 m&s vouchers today and my install was on 3rd march...:rolleyes:
Took 4 months and a lot of complaining to get mine :mad:

M

martyfarty

Hi,i work for Sky and can comfirm that the new hd epg is currently being sent out to all Pace boxes now that all the Thomson boxes are done and the samsung and amstrad boxes will be next.We do not have any dates,but it will certanly be in the near future.

scarey

Novice Member
Hi,i work for Sky and can comfirm that the new hd epg is currently being sent out to all Pace boxes now that all the Thomson boxes are done and the samsung and amstrad boxes will be next.We do not have any dates,but it will certanly be in the near future.
this is what we know already....:rolleyes:

Jaycee Dove

Novice Member

But did not all the Pace boxes get it over two weeks ago?

Last edited:

martytarty

Novice Member
erm martyfarty (why a similar name ?) are you some weirdo ?

thank you for telling us what we already know lol, alot of samsung box owners seem to think new epg will be done this week or within 2 weeks, some indication from sky to confirm if this is correct would be nice, i cant believe sky dont even know when the roll out for samsung is, someone at sky knows thats for sure but it all seems to be kept hush hush. Its only a new epg menu, not a goverment document

Last edited:

~dadam02~

I thought sky were already indicating when it would be installed, via the leaflet.....guess what, if you haven't received one then chance are its not coming this week, its not rocket science. Just cause some random on a messageboard says its coming doesn't make it gospel

alasone

Is everyone looking forward to this new epg or something? Why would anyone look forward to a bug riddled piece of software that doesn't seem to work properly? I have seen and played with it on a friends and it's not something that I really would like to be honest. Actually, it's crap. No-one I know actually likes it. And that goes for alot of people on here too. So please refrain from getting excited about when you think you are going to receive a letter telling you when you are going to get it. You will only be dissapointed.
Me, like some others just want it for ITV HD! So many crucial matches i've missed on the big screen in HD :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett