• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Samsung HD - EPG software updated

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Just for info, had an update to my Samsung box this morning - now has EPG Software 40.0.14.1
Model and OS Version SYSF26.59

Can't see anything different and my Anytime+ has not been activated.

messenger

Just for info, had an update to my Samsung box this morning - now has EPG Software 40.0.14.1
Model and OS Version SYSF26.59

Can't see anything different and my Anytime+ has not been activated.

Can you confirm if the front light display bug has been fixed in this new fw release?

Still on the old fw here with my Sammy....

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Does that mean you had the new software already and have now received another update to it?

The last software update I had was on the 7th October which changed it to
EPG version 39.0.4.2
Operating system version SYSF26.39.01

Then this morning it was updated again.

markfawcett

My Samsung updated this morning too.

Text, i.e. the Sky Guide, looks a lot clearer, possibly SD channels too but it might be my imagination.

The contrast setting defaults to medium ( I used to prefer it on low) and the option to alter it has disappeared.

whitesnake11

No update on my Samsung box yet.

Stefan_Tapp

My Sammy updated today and now shows the Network tab and has grabbed an IP from the router, however, according to the Sky website I still don't have a compatible box!

Stef

markfawcett

My Sammy updated today and now shows the Network tab and has grabbed an IP from the router, however, according to the Sky website I still don't have a compatible box!

Stef

Same here.

I have heard that they won't update the website/system until the Anytime+ upgrade has been applied to all Samsung boxes.

logiciel

If you have the Network tab, and qualify for this thing, you call to get it "activated".

davetarmac

Standard Member
My Samsung box updated last night to 40.0.14.1 and gave me the Network tabs and all that jazz, but still can't activate it online.

Thought I'd give them a call and after being passed to the 4th department, I got told that my box doesn't have the correct software! When I asked about what the correct version of the software I should be looking for I got told that it wasn't important and to just register with Sky and I'll be told when it's ready.

Anyone managed to get it updated via the phone? And if so what number did you call?

SevloW

Distinguished Member
I had all the network settings in the previous software upgrade in October so I dont know what the latest upgrade does. :confused:

jwalsh82

This is annoying, I am on Samsung and my OS is 1.32B12 and my EPG is sky+9.19.13a. Version number 9730B3.

So I didn't even get October's update?

jwalsh82

Is anyone else with a Samsung stuck on the older firmware? I have tried a few forced updates and it hasn't even given me October's yet.

Is anyone else with a Samsung stuck on the older firmware? I have tried a few forced updates and it hasn't even given me October's yet.

Forced updates do NOT update to the latest software (and in fact can delay automatic downloads to the latest) they merely have the last stable version of the firmware. There has only ever been reports of one model updating to latest software so don't bother wasting your time and probably delaying its download from the automatic stream at least until everyone else is reporting updated Samsungs.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
Hi just to let you know I had a firmware upgrade last night on my samsung box. It now has the network tab in the settings and also the epg is noticeably sharper and now looks like it's in hd compared to the fuzzy mess I had before.

S

S A N T A

Hi just to let you know I had a firmware upgrade last night on my samsung box. It now has the network tab in the settings and also the epg is noticeably sharper and now looks like it's in hd compared to the fuzzy mess I had before.

Did you get an email telling you it [Samsung] had been updated?

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Mine was updated also (Samsung 007), as I had already connected the Ethernet cable in anticipation when I turned on this morning it told me it had detected a network connection & to press enter to proceed with the upgrade. This I did but was then confronted with "connect telephone line to proceed" :( no time this morning to mess about so will connect up when I get home but from all accounts the Anytime + only currently works on Amstrad boxes? so I guess there's no rush.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
No i didnt get an email. But its not actually live yet i went onto my sky.com and it still says your box is not yet ready, but will be soon when you try and upgrade to anytime +. But after the update you can now plug into your modem and get an ip address ready for when it goes live on the Sammys
Has anyone else noticed the improved epg. As soon as i turned my tv on this morning it was the first thing i noticed. The epg is quicker and also much less fuzzy almost like its gone from sd to hd

Rob.butters

Novice Member
Anything else new? agree about the EPG though much sharper. Also do i need to run another bleeding cat 5 cable from the modem to the AV rack?

daveh48

Same as other posts EPG is much sharper but contrast adjustment is now missing from picture menu, not a great deal really as picture levels look same as before update.

No email etc to let me know about update the message was just there this morning when I switched the box on.

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Personally I can't see any difference in the EPG, it was very sharp & HD looking prior to the update. Just waiting now for Sky to activate the update.

HDCriticalFan

Novice Member
Personally I can't see any difference in the EPG, it was very sharp & HD looking prior to the update.

Really ?

I used to think that the EPG was sharp and "HD looking" ... then they launched Sky News HD. The graphics on 517 now make the EPG look a little soft to me by comparison.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research launches Reference 80S power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett