Samsung HD DVD-950 NTSC settings?

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my 950 I've obviously applied the region hack to the player and it plays NTSC discs okay. But, in the menu's for the player there is an option under the picture settings to switch the player from PAL to NTSC?

So my question is, having applied the region hack, should I also go into the menu as well and switch the player to NTSC when playing an NTSC disc?

Also, does this make any difference with DivX/XviD files sourced from NTSC?

Thanks if you can help.

leamspaceman said:
On my 950 I've obviously applied the region hack to the player and it plays NTSC discs okay. But, in the menu's for the player there is an option under the picture settings to switch the player from PAL to NTSC?

So my question is, having applied the region hack, should I also go into the menu as well and switch the player to NTSC when playing an NTSC disc?

Also, does this make any difference with DivX/XviD files sourced from NTSC?

Thanks if you can help.
Yes you need to switch the setting to whatever source you are using. If you don't and play PAL when NTSC is selected you will get juddering, and vice-versa.

witters said:
Yes you need to switch the setting to whatever source you are using. If you don't and play PAL when NTSC is selected you will get juddering, and vice-versa.

Cheers...would this be the same for Xvid/DivX sourced from NTSC?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom