Samsung HD Box "Techincal Fault 7" Question

Freemantel

Standard Member
I upgraded my Samsung HD box with the recommended 1TB Seagate Pipeline drive back in July of this year. All was great until last week I started to get “part rec” errors with the error code “Technical Fault 7” in the information screen. It only happens when I record an HD channel for more than around an hour. I have done all the usual stuff like planner rebuilds and software updates – just wondering if anyone else had been suffering with this lately and does anyone think changing the hard drive will make a difference? I know many people have suffered in the past with this error but I believe the majority have to end up getting a new box. I am still on the old EPG so wondering if/when I get updated may that fix the problem.

Any help appreciated!

logiciel

The machine won't get the new EPG, but that's nothing to do with recording anyway.
Wouldn't you like a nice new machine, for nothing or for very little?;)

Hedgehog1979

Novice Member
logiciel said:
The machine won't get the new EPG, but that's nothing to do with recording anyway.
Wouldn't you like a nice new machine, for nothing or for very little?;)
Any idea why these boxes wont get the new EPG, i thought it was getting rolled out to all the HD boxes except Thomsons?

Last edited:

Freemantel

Standard Member
Phoned Sky to ask price for a new box - £164 + Delivery or £49 if I took multiroom at £10.25 a month. Think I will be going down the new hard drive option for £76!

logiciel

simon194

I could be wrong about the Samsungs getting it.:blush:
This is how to get your new machines at sensible prices: http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/1452677-replacement-pvrs-supplied-sky-request.html - Polite Persistence Pays.
There is a post on the other forum from one of the DRX beta testers that the Pace and Samsung beta test will start in 2 or 3 weeks. It's only open to those that were in the original DRX890/895 beta test who also have Pace or Samsung boxes though. :(

Freemantel

Standard Member
Just to update on my problem with the tech fault 7 error. I replaced the Seagate drive with a Hitachi Deskstar (7K1000.B HDT721010SLA360) and the problem has not returned. Hopefully it has just been a drive issue!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom