• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung HD Box Contrast

Cloverleaf

Banned
Seen a few posts on this, but nothing conclusive. I've tried both Low & Medium, can't decide which is best - what are the views out there ? :confused:

Ivor_Biggern

I`ll copy and paste what i typed on that thread.

In my opinion their is no right or wrong settings, its all down to personal preference and what looks best to you. Some people like a brighter picture and some prefer it slightly less bright, some people prefer more colour and some people prefer less colour, i think the only opinion that matters should be your own as its your viewing expoerience.

I appreciate what the more knowledgeable people say about the various settings where whites maybe clipped etc but at the end of the day its all down to personal preference.

My Samsung is on medium contrast btw, i think it looks fine.

tele1962

Distinguished Member
I`ll copy and paste what i typed on that thread.

In my opinion their is no right or wrong settings, its all down to personal preference and what looks best to you. Some people like a brighter picture and some prefer it slightly less bright, some people prefer more colour and some people prefer less colour, i think the only opinion that matters should be your own as its your viewing expoerience.

I appreciate what the more knowledgeable people say about the various settings where whites maybe clipped etc but at the end of the day its all down to personal preference.

My Samsung is on medium contrast btw, i think it looks fine.
Yeh i fully agree with most of what you are saying however most of us would like to see the picture as the director/broadcaster intended,you see the human eye has a very poor perception of colour contrast etc,so that is why there is an industry standard which helps to give us the best quality you can get from modern day AV equipment.To see the difference a correctly calibrated system is like, is something a bit special .:thumbsup:
ISF trained calibrators spend many hours and a lot of money helping to achieve this standard for us mere mortals.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/isf-calibration/952060-isf-opinion-sky-contrast-setting.html

Last edited:

Cloverleaf

Banned
Yes, I've tried both, after readjusting the screen contrast to compensate I cant see any difference, so I think I'll stick with medium !

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom