1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAMSUNG HD-945 or 950 ? which one is better

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bacus, May 16, 2005.

1. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,297
    Help needed !
    As the title says,which one is better ? I have a sammy HD-DLP telly. Has anyone got a 950 ? if so whats it like :lease:

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Even though you can order it, it's not yet available.

Look at the 'Samsung 850' thread and the 'upgrade Toshiba 220e' threa as there's a lot of crossover talk there.

3. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I think they are essentially the same player with a slight facia makeover and the addition of DVI to the 950 for added flexibility. After everything I've read it appears that the 850, 945 and 950 are the same PQ-wise. I have an 850 with the SP50 and it is superb - no complaints. I find 720p via HDMI with DNie switched off in cinema mode tweaked with the Star Wars THX Video Calibration gives the best overall results - realistic skin tones, detailed black levels and very very sharp. I keep twidding the DNie On/Off but found that whites are too bright with it on in LOTR ROTK. With HD-DVD coming soon and the 850 available today from softjam for £90 its not worth waiting - buy it and enjoy :smashin:

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Well the 945 is fairly rare as it is, the 950 seems to have followed hard on its tail. And the 950 isn't out yet. So all you'll get is some conjecture as to what they look like on paper. Which is similar. And they probably are. :) ...PJ