1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HD-935 users, turn out the lights?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dan1979, Sep 17, 2004.

1. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I searched for old threads but couldn't find anything.

I was wondering if its possible to turn off the lights on this, particularly the light on the jogdial, its far too bright and bold. As the player has been out a while perhaps theres a service menu thats been found or something I can use?

2. swoop

swoop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Same problem for me with mine. I was going to take the lid off and see if there is any way of attenuating the brightness but I expect it will be hard to trace...and there's the small issue of the warranty !
    For now I put an old credit card in the way of the jog dial when watching in a darkened room...hardly a high tech solution but it works :zonked:

3. Claude

Claude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi you two,

I just had my HD935 delivered yesterday. Looking through the manual there's a DIMM funstion for the front display, I don't suppose this would be it.

A question for you, it seems that every time I turn the dvd player on I have to reset the display ratio to 16:9, the DVI video button to RED (which cannot be done via the remote control it seems) and the Proggressive button to red (not that this makes much difference). Is there not a way of saving these settings?

Another problem I'm having is that occasionally the whole dvd player seems to jam up. The only way of resolving this problem is turning it off and on again, which means resetting my settings again...very frustrating.

All this so I can enjoy the DVI connection to my TX100 projector, is it worth it!

4. swoop

swoop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi claude

the dim setting justs dims the time/track display in the centre and not the far brighter jog dial - clever eh ?
    as far as your settings go mine always comes back on ( after standby ) as i left it for the DVI + progressive buttons. note that if you are using the DVI out the progressive button doesn't make any difference as this is a different output. i would have a scan through the setup menu again to find the 16:9 output option for the screen format as it's definitely an option - perhaps there's something wrong with the flash memory which stores your settings ?

but it is worth it for sure ! the quality of playback through DVI is superb when watching on my panasonic pw6.

5. Claude

Claude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to swoop for the reply, always appreciated. So I shall persist with the DVI connection route although it turns out that the HD935 I have is faulty and will be collected tomorrow in exchange for the HD945 when its in stock (6 weeks :rolleyes: ).

I hear what ya saying about the progressive button but what about the 'DVI video' button. I can only get a clear picture when it's set to red, is that the same with you. Perhaps it's to do with the fault on this unit but when this button is blue or green the picture is fuzzy.

6. Whyshirley

Whyshirley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a HD935 into a TX100 and certainly the picture doesn't appear at all fuzzy for me when in blue (scaled up to a 720p signal) or green (1080i) modes - I get a great picture. So maybe it is your player? Fuzzy doesn't sound like the sort of 'sparklies' you might get if the DVI cable wasn't up to it.

I not really sure if the 720p signal looks that much (if any) better than the standard not scaled 576p (red) signal mind you - but in my opinion, for the money, the combination of HD935 / TX100 via DVI is a cracker.

Hope your HD945 when it arrives sorts things for you.

7. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You can the HD-945 which replaced the HD-935 for £159.99 & the HD-745 for £109.99 from www.digiuk.com

8. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    WhyShirley,

I lost my instructions for H935. I've just connected via DVI again and cannot remember the DVI button colour code.

Which is the best upscale to use with my Sanyo PLZ2?
    Why does the picture become smaller in one of the modes( I think the green one)?

Anyone with instruction manual handy?

9. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    As the Z2 is a 1280x720 pj. I would think that 720p would be your best option. Well that's what my Ae500 likes best ;)

10. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    Is that definitely DVI button in 'Blue' SamirP?

11. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm not sure Waled

12. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    Thanks anyway Samir,

To think I'm usually meticulous with looking after instruction booklets!! I have a whole stack of them for CD,DVD,Amp,TV, Projector etc. etc. etc...

Can anyone with a H935 quickly look into their manual for me please?

13. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Waled
    pal:
    576p red
    720p blue
    1080i green

NTSC: