1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung HD 935: Component questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by billygoat, Mar 16, 2004.

1. billygoat

billygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a JVC HV32p37 which can take progressive scan input (and even HDTV). I've been looking at different PS-players and so far the HD 935 is looking pretty good value for money, even though I have no use for the DVI output.

But I've got some questions:

1. this page states that the component output only provides NTSC progressive scan. But the manual I found says component also outputs PAL progressive. What's the deal here?

2. The DCDiTM Faroudja chip is a good PS chip right? Can it compensate for incorrectly flagged material? I've also been looking at the Yamakawa 365, which apparently does not handle incorrectly flagged material very well, so that's why I'm asking.

3. Is there an auto-switching mode for NTSC and PAL output or does it first convert NTSC to PAL60 like my old 709?

4. Is it stupid to consider this player when I have no use for the DVI output? Any alternatives I should be looking at?