Samsung HD-870 problems - please help

BlackCountryBob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've had a Samsung HD-870 upscaling DVD player for about 5 months now and haven't had any problems with it until now.

Last weekend I was watching "A History of Violence" but after about an hour the picture started to distort and pixelate, I tried removing the disk and cleaning it thinking that it was responsible but when I put the disk back in and skipped to the spot where I was it started skipping again, I put the disk in my PS3 to watch the rest of the film and it worked fine.

Thinking this was an isolated incident I have watched a few movies this week including Kung Fu Hustle, Dogma and Superman Returns with no problems at all but last night I started watching Mallrats and again after an hour it started skipping again. I really cannot explain it, the tv is working fine, the HDMI cable is ok as I use it for the PS3 and the disks are ok as I have checked them in other players around the house as well as the PS3 so I am just puzzled about why it skips on some films but on other it works perfect and why this problem has emerged now, especially as I have watched Mallrats many times on this player with no problems.

Can anyone help?

PS: It might be important or now but I keep the player turned off at the plug socket until I am about to watch a movie due to being unable to turn off the standby mode any other way (its all about energy conservation people :))

:lease:

Best advice is to contact seller.It's still under guarantee.I can't see them spending expensive time checking out a £40 player so I imagine you'll get a new one from them but I may be totally wrong.Be interesting to hear from someone whose budget player gave problems prior to end of guarantee period.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom