Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung HD-841 DVD player upconvertion to Samsung DLP TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by carlnunes, Sep 9, 2004.

1. carlnunes

carlnunes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Samsung DLP TV 46" #305HLP4663 w/ HD and manufacturer claims this TV has a built in scaler to convert all incoming signals to the DLP chips native 1028 x 720(720p) resolution.

My questions is, with this technology I described above, will I see a differance with a DVD player that can upconvert a standard progressive scan DVD signal(480p) to an HD compatible 720p, 768p or 1080i signal?

My next question is, can I buy a regular DVD player(that doesn't have the built in upconversion technology) and still enjoy a great picture via the TVs built in scaler?

Next, if this is so, can I get a regular DVD player(that doesn't have the built in upconversion technology) with a DVI connector?

Sorry if this seems obvious to some, I would really appreciate any input you forum members could add.

Thanks in advanced! :smashin:

2. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Hi carlnunes, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions but maybe you could answer mine! What part of the world do you live in and how much did your T.V. cost?
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

p.s. do you have a link to a picture of it?

3. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Depends on the relative quality of the scalers in player and display. If for example your TV has a Faroudja scaler built in, but the DVD has a lower quality proprietory chip, then best quality should be seen by feeding an un-scaled signal to the set using DVI.