1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung has new DVD player model HD -931 with DVI tecnology and progressive scan .

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jazzartist, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo there ,

Samsung has introduced new DVD player model HD -931 . This one has lots of feature including

Progressive scan
    DVI technology
    HDTV complaint
    Scale up VIdeo output
    Digital Image enhancement
    Video format converter

The weblink is http://www.samsung.com/Products/DVDPlayer/Hypervision/DVDPlayer_Hypervision_DVD_HD931.htm

I am planing to buy this player . Are there any users in UK ? What s the price for this model in UK . Any comments will be appreiciated .Regards.

Jazzartist

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Jazzartist,

Please be aware that you would need an HDCP compatible DVI input on your display if you intend to use the scaling features of the Samsung. You are limited to 480p on the component output unlike the Momitsu and Bravo players and which also don't add HDCP to the DVI signal. Check out www.avsforum.com for countless threads on the Sammy. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My first post... be kind ;)

The Samsung DVD-HD935 has been announced in Germany, due for release in September. It seems to offer the same features as the American version, but with the addition of 576p over DVI.

See here for more details

I'd wait for the European versino to be released, I know I am - it should be a perfect match for my screenplay 5700 when it arrives!

4. domfjbrown

domfjbrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to know if Samsung have EVER got round to sorting out their firmware yet? My S224 puts subtitles on on some discs seemingly at random, and has the slowest user interface known to man... Oh - and it produces gaps in the audio when scene changes (NOT layer changes) happen on some discs...

Be cautious...

5. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dutch ,

I have read AVS forum as suggested by you . The members of AVS forum seems to be in favour of Bravo players . But I would like to see and check for myself the Samsung when its available rather then rely entirely on AVS forum members . I dont feel comfrotable with Chinease / Taiwanese products would be rather inclined to Malayisan/ Singapore origin Korean origin is also ok by me. Samsung seems to be the first reputed brand inroducing this features .So I would like to demo it with some PJ or TV having DVI before deciding . By the way what is meant by HDCP ? Did you demo the Samsung HD 931?

Venkman ,

Welcome to the message board. I think the USA version is cheaper and have the almost the same features . If you have a chance why dont you check out the demo with the PJ you have selected .BY the way wheres your location?

Jazzartist

6. venkman

venkman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Jazzartist,

I'd love to demo the player with my PJ, but the Samsung isn't released until September in Germany. Samsung UK hasn't even heard of the hd935 / hd931, and weren't willing to investigate either.
    BTW, I'm in the UK, have updated my profile.

Peter

7. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Jazzartist,

HDCP = High-definition Digital Content Protection

This is a copy protection scheme endorsed by certain manufacturers of HD capable equipment. Samsung employs it, Momitsu and Bravo makers V Inc, don't. ;) I'm not able to demo the HD931 as it's not available in the UK.

Steve

8. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for any one outside of the states the v880 or its clones would be a better bet as the bravo is R1 only and i belive the same of the sammy 931

+ turning of the HDCP is a massive bonous to peps with none compliant displays;)