Samsung hard drive help!!!!

Raikaito

Hey,
I have a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint, and it has worked great up till recently and the problem is that... copying files to and from it takes and enormous amount of time!!! mainly from it though and sometimes copying to it is all right, also the when I try to find out what’s wrong with it or defrag it, it crashes the program trying to use it and I can no longer access the hard drive until I restart the pc! It also occasionally corrupts data that has been copied onto it randomly for no reason!
Please HELP!!!!
And thank you in advance!

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Hey,
I have a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint, and it has worked great up till recently and the problem is that... copying files to and from it takes and enormous amount of time!!! mainly from it though and sometimes copying to it is all right, also the when I try to find out what’s wrong with it or defrag it, it crashes the program trying to use it and I can no longer access the hard drive until I restart the pc! It also occasionally corrupts data that has been copied onto it randomly for no reason!
Please HELP!!!!
And thank you in advance!

Sounds like your drive is dying, I've just started a thread after my Samsung 1TB suffered a serious hardware failure meaning the BIOS can't even see it anymore.

Raikaito

Ah i see... is there anything that I can do?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom