Samsung goes immersive with HW-K950 Dolby Atmos Soundbar - news discussion

wow!
On the face of it this looks like one to watch.
I am going to Google the specs right now.
Will this give the yamaha YSP5600 a run for its money?
Let's wait and see... : )

Google search shows the same press release on every site at the moment so it's still early doors. No mention or suggestion of price, but knowing Samsung I'm confident that it'lll be priced below the Y'SP5600... let's see eh...
No mention of supporting dts-x...

With any luck yamaha will drop it's price from £1599 once the competition arrives.

Just a heads up, apparently Samsung will release ANOTHER atmos soundbar the K850 which will be significantly cheaper than the K950 but will lack the rear channel speakers. Seen it quoted as being $900-$1000 compared to the $1500 FOR THE k950, In UK price terms we could be looking at about £750-£800 putting in the realm of other regular expensive soundbars.

So this Atmos Soundbar would not require an ext Atmos amp, ie it has the Atmos amps built in presumably?

This will be £1300 over here, it's getting some rave reviews over on avs. Really looking forward to it's release here.

We had a demonstration of this last Friday, our thoughts are that it certainly is works. Large rooms are a little difficult for it still leaving a space for the Yamaha, yet the Samsung has a true rear surround sound speakers, which are wireless (each powered by the mains) allowing you t experience surround sound from a soundbar solution like never before.

We were very impressed with the Atmos considering what it was doing however you could not compare it to a dedicated system with in-ceiling speakers.

As a solution, we could not fault it in anyway, it delivered exactly was it said it would, making it ideal for anyone who wishes to experience Atmos or even surround sound via a soundbar solution.

Regards, Shane.

Apart from when you want to watch DTS blu ray with a non Samsung Blu ray player!!

Apart from when you want to watch DTS blu ray with a non Samsung Blu ray player!!

They reckon that roughly 75% of Blu-rays have dts master tracks, and a lot of uhd blu-rays have DTS tracks so not sure how useful Samsung soundbar would be. Shame as it was a definite buy for me until I read about dts issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom